SES light after water pump fix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SES light after water pump fix

Thanks to ya'lls info I bevieve I was able to make an informed desicion about which water pump. I went with a rebuilt with a liftime warrenty from O'rielly's. (cheaper). Anyway finished the install this morining and now the SES light came on. I checked all the electrical connetions again that I had to disconnect during the intall. They all look fine. I was just wondering if ya'll had any ideas off the top of yer heads. Just something simple that that i did wrong, that i could easily check. other than that everything seems to run fine.
    thanks
    Cade
    93 Trans Am; Hooker Cat-back;
    Moroso cia; more to
    come...hopefully!

If your sure all elec connections are good, check your vacuum hoses, especially the one coming from the EVAP purge which runs under the throttle body. Maybe you disconnected it or knocked it. This will trip an EVAP code. DOes it run O.K.? You didnt spill water on the opti? If the opti is struggling, this could trip a code.
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Since you have a 1993, you can flash the SES code(s) and see exactly what the issue is.
      Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Working...
      X