Paint Code

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Code

Anyone know the paint code for the color on my Trans Am? Thanks in advance.

*Pam*

2002 Firebird 3.8 A/T - all stock
    1998 Ford Contour SVT #1578 of 6535

Look in the center console on the options sticker. It is a code at the bottom like:

BC/CC WA- U9795

BC = Base Coat

CC = Clear coat

U9795 is the color code of my car

I don't know what the WA means.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I never would have thought to look there for it after the odd placement of the paint code in my last car (spare tire compartment). I assumed it was painted over on the inside of the door...

Is there somewhere online that I can find the color that corresponds to the code? (an actual picture of it, since I'm pretty sure the car was painted and I don't know if it was painted to match)

*Pam*

Comment

Gotta nother paint ??

Not on topic really, but it's my topic, so
        As you can probably tell, my paint looks like crap. The hood looks dirty in the pic... mostly because it looks and feels like there is no clear coat on it - no gloss at all and not at all smooth. Same goes for the roof and the rear deck. (don't get me started on the spoiler...) The sides actually look pretty good. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had some brilliant ideas on how to make the paint look better. No way I can afford a repaint, but there has to be a way to improve this a little. The previous owner obvoiusly didn't take care of it, and it shows. Also, any opinions on removing the paint on the spoiler and leaving it black? It's hard black rubber underneath the blue paint (and on the underside of the spoiler where it has flaked off, grr).

*Pam*

Comment

If the paint is as bad as you say there is no bringing it back. You can try to polish it for temporary results. I really recommend a partial repaint. Just get the hood and spoiler done. It shouldnt cost more than $400 for the pair and it will make the car look 100 times better. You will be proud every time you get in it to go for a run.

Or... think of it as an investment. You would definitely be improving the value of the car.
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I plan on repainting the whole thing eventually, so I guess more to the point would be... what kind of wax/polish/product combination would you recommend to get the most out of the current crap paint until I can afford the repaint on the whole car? It's mostly that I can't stand how dull the hood is, even after wax.

*Pam*

Comment

Hmm. My dad uses a two part polymer on his motorhome every few years to make it look new again. After he is done applying it his fingers are coated in hard clear shiny plastic and he has a hard time removing it. It lasts a few years before it needs to be stripped and reapplied. This might be just what you are looking for to temporarily make it look a bit better.

I'll ask him to email me the name of the stuff and post it.
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:

Comment

Thanks a bunch.

*Pam*

Comment

Here you go. Give this stuff a shot.

You'll need a bottle of the Vertglas #3 sealer.

http://www.marinestore.com/vertglas....31993641023237

Post before and after pictures. It'll be neat to see.
                  Tracy
                  2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                  1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                  Current Mods:

Comment

Working...
                  X