***NFB***: Federal tax

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***NFB***: Federal tax

So I was just looking at my check stub for the week and I've already been jacked for $1800 in federal taxes. At this rate it'll be over $4000 at the end of the year.
    1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Much of that can be adjusted through your employer. Just have them take less out every week. Of course, you'll get less back or have to pay at the end of the year, but it depends on when you need the cash most.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Ya I suck at saving money so I have them take out an extra $20 a week. Plus I'm young and single with no kids.

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

I have an extra 2% taken out every paycheck (twice a month) so I have a decent refund in April to buy something for myself. This year it was the T/A

Next year, maybe a better beater car.
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

Comment

Originally posted by L98TA
          So I was just looking at my check stub for the week and I've already been jacked for $1800 in federal taxes. At this rate it'll be over $4000 at the end of the year.
          hey! cool!! thanks for the raise, boss!!!!!!!!!!!

d&r

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Hey...throw some money my way! I got a job offer from a federal agency and then they said I couldn't start till next fiscal year!!
            Joe K.
            '11 BMW 328i
            '10 Matrix S AWD
            Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

If you are tired of being taxed to death, check this out. http://www.fairtax.org/
              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                hey! cool!! thanks for the raise, boss!!!!!!!!!!!

d&r
                I'm there for you man...... whatever I can do to help.

Comment

I was never politically active in any sort of way, sure I went and voted, but never really looked much into the candidates, or propositions, or issues. Between the family, job, and other important stuff like wrenching, hunting and fishing, I just never took the time to get involved.

Well, back in 1992 a good friend of mine was trying to convince me who to vote for and some isssues at the time that would (and have) effect us all. Finally in his efforts to convince me, he made me take out my check stub and really look at all the deductions that came out of the money I was making. One third of it was taken by the government (Feds and state). Sure it was only a few hundred per check, but by the month it was into a thousand, and then by the end of the year it was real thousands!

We are being forced into paying taxes to fund our government, we sure need to keep a eye on where our money is going. We spend time on this forum to save a few hundred bucks on a repair or upgrade, how much time do you spend watching the thousands of your dollars the government takes from you? Anywhere near the time you spend here?

The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

Comment

Ha...... be glad. There have been many years that the federal income tax that I paid for a year was more than some made total in an entire year. That really bites.

Comment

Yeah, it could be worse. My wife works for an accounting firm. She has told me about farmers coming in to drop off a check for what they owe for the past year's taxes......some of them were in the 100's of thousands. Some of the smaller amounts were like 15-20 thousand. At least our government tends to do good stuff with the money ( with a fair share of BS stuff ) but the Canadian gov't just seems to always be mis-appropriating funds and crap. I would rather be paying my taxes to the US gov't right now.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by TODD 2000 V6 CAMARO
                        I would rather be paying my taxes to the US gov't right now.
                        I'm sure they would gladly oblige...
                        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                        17K Miles

Comment

Working...
                        X