Rust free car!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust free car!

I just love a good rust free car! My car is a 1994, 11 years old.

Last night I was wrenching under the hood freplacing the water pump and doing some general clean up.

I was able to remove the harmonic balancer with my bare hands!! After removing the 3 bolts, of course. I just grabbed it, wiggled it side-to-side a little and it came right off. Wow!

I'f heard of people having to routinely use a puller to remove it!

There is not a spot of rust anywhere on this thing. It is a car from central Texas. It was always garaged and covered. Last season I replaced the exhaust manifold gaskets. The bolts came out with my fingers after loosened a couple turns! When I did the clutch 2 years ago I was amazed that the crossmember bolts and torque arm bolts were like new! Just a few weeks ago I removed the stock exhaust and it was spotless, like new. I'm amazed with this car!
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Originally posted by TraceZ
    I just love a good rust free car! My car is a 1994, 11 years old.
    There is not a spot of rust anywhere on this thing. It is a car from central Texas. It was always garaged and covered.

Well almost rust free. Don't you wish they painted some of this stuff at the factory? When I bought mine, I actually got under neath it and brushed black rustoleum all over the unpainted stuff and then repainted some of the other parts that they did a bad job on.

Comment

Awesome! It's always nice to have a rust free car. Luckily, here in CA, it doesn't snow, so we don't have to worry too much about it

I just noticed you wired your cutout through the trunk. It looks very clean that way and I should have done that...for some reason I wired mine under the rear seat hole.
      94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA

Well almost rust free. Don't you wish they painted some of this stuff at the factory? When I bought mine, I actually got under neath it and brushed black rustoleum all over the unpainted stuff and then repainted some of the other parts that they did a bad job on.

I don't count the diff cover! I've never seen one of those that didnt go orange. I should change my diff fluid and use that as an excuse to refinish the cover.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
          I don't count the diff cover! I've never seen one of those that didnt go orange. I should change my diff fluid and use that as an excuse to refinish the cover.
          Or an excuse to put on a TA cover.

Comment

Working...
          X