A message from JeffY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A message from JeffY

Jeff knew wolfman was away, so he asked me to post this here for him.

Today was Jeff Yachnin's last day as SLP Engineering Chief Engineer.

=============================================

Hello / Goodbye

Good-bye SLP Engineering, but only from me. SLP Eng. is still alive and in the next few weeks will be relocating to a central location with SLP PP & AG in Toms River NJ.

It only makes sense with the changes in the marketplace that Ed Hamburger economize, as many other companies have done and streamline where practical. SS parts will still be available as before – that isn’t changing – just the phone number. I’ll still be around SLP Eng. as a “consultant”, so I won’t be entirely gone.

Hello – to new opportunities.

I want to take this opportunity to say thank you to all of you that have said so many nice things about me (even those that I may have been sarcastic to over the years) on the different boards in the last few days.

I loved the job with SLP and I will miss it, just as I loved my job at GM with the Vette and F-car. SLP gave me a chance to meet many more of the true car enthusiasts, both in person and thru the message board, than I ever had a chance to at GM. I know that there are a lot of SLP detractors out there that are probably glad to see SLP change – too bad they’ll never understand that without SLP there would never have been a rebirth of the Camaro SS or a continuation of the WS6. But that’s another story.

I never professed to be an expert but I do know what we did and had a pretty good idea about the GM side of it as well. If I could help anyone out there, that is what I tried to do. Despite what a bunch of folks thought on some of the other boards, I tried to answer questions as best as quick as I could – I even had many people e-mail me directly so I could call them personally.

As Michelle (Flamin’ Bird) said somewhere, when she asked me to sign her car, I was embarrassed – I couldn’t figure out why someone would want me to ruin his or her beautiful car with my name on it.

And poor Dragan, I really did ruin his 10th when the pen gave a great big splat on his hood-at least its unique, it’s the only one I did that way!

At least, I won’t be spending as much time on the boards now that I don’t have to be a mod and up all night! At first, my wife accused me of having an affair with someone on the Internet. I said I was having an affair – with the best bunch of people I could ever hope to know.

I’ve had the pleasure of meeting some of the nicest people – and the best part is that my family has often been included as well – my wife and daughter and even brother-in-law have been at several events with me.

I couldn’t possibly list everyone I’ve met thru SLP and am very thankful for it -
    You guys (that’s the editorial guys, which includes girls) know who you are – I don’t want to hurt feelings if I try to list names and leave some one out.

I still plan on being around the boards – probably SSOA the most. If anyone wants me, page me here.

I’m looking at jobs in the auto industry here in the Detroit area, but I have possible positions in several states far away. Just depends who offers what!
Working...
X