Dynoed the Trans Am

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynoed the Trans Am

Put down 357rwhp and 310 ft-lb. I'm pretty happy with it. This was my first big project other than small stuff like intake and exhaust.
    Attached Files
    '95 Trans Am - A4, LE2 heads, LE1 cam, 1.6 ProMags, Comp R's, AS&M CAI, AS&M 54mm, MAC midlengths, Random Tech. cat, Borla cat back, PCMforless, Vigilante 2800, 3.73's, BMR LCAs/panhard/shock tower brace

Nice numbers But I would have thought the LE2 heads/LE1 cam combo was worth closer to 370 RWHP. What size injectors are you using? Did you get an updated program from Bryan after the H/C upgrade?
    I'm planning on running the same combo soon
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Very nice.
      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

what is the le2 heads and le1 cam? maybe a dumb question.
        1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

Lloyd Elliott heads and cam. Great guy, great work.
          www.eportworks.com
          94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
            Nice numbers But I would have thought the LE2 heads/LE1 cam combo was worth closer to 370 RWHP. What size injectors are you using? Did you get an updated program from Bryan after the H/C upgrade?
            I'm planning on running the same combo soon
            Don't forget numbers vary a lot from dyno to dyno. He may take it somewhere and pick up an extra 20hp just by using a different dyno. Its nice to have the slip with high hp numbers but where you really get to see is the track.
            1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

would a loyd elliot setup be more efficent than a LT4 conversion?
              1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

Comment

You're right...it will vary and the track is the only way to tell Still great numbers though.

And yes, getting your heads and cam from Lloyd Elliott is better than a "straight" LT4 conversion. I'm not sure of the exact specs, but I believe stock LT4 heads flow around 230-245, while LE1 heads flow 255, LE2 270, LE3 275 or so. The LE1 cam is a tiny bit hotter than the LT4 hotcam, but I'm unaware of the exact specs. So Jeff's combo right now is much better than an LT4 conversion. Of course, the LE2 and LE3 cams are much less street friendly, and from what I've heard, the LE3 is a BIG cam.

Comment

30 lb/hr injectors. I also have MAC midlengths instead of long tubes which may or may not affect the numbers depending on whose opoinion you get. It's also an A4 and like already mentioned dyno numbers can vary. I really dynoed to check my A/F ratio.

I'm satisfied with the numbers, just need to get to the track.

And as a credit to PCMforless, the car fired up and idled on the first try with the tune Bryan sent!
                  '95 Trans Am - A4, LE2 heads, LE1 cam, 1.6 ProMags, Comp R's, AS&M CAI, AS&M 54mm, MAC midlengths, Random Tech. cat, Borla cat back, PCMforless, Vigilante 2800, 3.73's, BMR LCAs/panhard/shock tower brace

Comment

Didn't our cars come with 325 lbft. of torque stock?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
                      Didn't our cars come with 325 lbft. of torque stock?
                      It's rear wheel torque...so it's roughly 380ish at the crank according to his dyno graph. Higher stalls will also mislead the dyno as far as torque aquisition.

Comment

Working...
                      X