lt1 swap to lt4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lt1 swap to lt4

Man my engine spun a bearing and i am deciding wether or not to drop an lt4 out of a 96 vet ? Anyone think that is a good idea and what things would i have to mod to fit or woulde everything fit right,

I am hoping so that is can get fixed soon. we'll ttyl joh n

the lt4 is basically the same as the lt1 execpt for the intake, cam, and heads, and maybe some little stuff like the knock sensor. as i see it, its up to you, if you wanna do the swap or not. the do sell a lt4 package to convert your lt1. but since you said you spun a bearing, it would be a strait swap, maybe a computer tuning?
    1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

But, the LT4 kit doesn't include the 4-bolt mains that the Corvette LT4 motor will come with.
      Steve
      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

lt4 swap good

I think I will then . as far as i know everything will bolt up right and it would be and easy swap So i am going to go ahead and get it ... As long as nothing really big has to be changed .

Comment

Originally posted by CamaromanZ28
          I think I will then . as far as i know everything will bolt up right and it would be and easy swap So i am going to go ahead and get it ... As long as nothing really big has to be changed .
          What year is your car? While it would appear you can dump virtually any LT1/LT4 engine in any 93-97 4th Gen, there are some subtle differences from year to year that may need to be addressed.

Its a good idea to use the "signature" field, with at least the year of your car, tranny type and any major mods..... helps people answer your questions more accurately.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

yeah, he's right...the 96-97s have different sensors and whatnot for the OBDII puters that the 94-95s don't and the 93 is just it's own animal...
            1998 TA M6 SLP Lid, Cold Air and Bellow, Flowmaster 3", Centerforce DF, Fast Toys MAF ends, JET skip shift eliminator 312rwhp/366rwtq

92 Lincoln Mark VII LSC For Sale

Visit Central Jersey Mustangs & Fords

Comment

Ight

We'll my car is a 94 z 28. So what would you think i would have to change on it to make it fit in my car .the engine is out of a 96 vet lt4 . I heard the manifolds are different and the wireing harness. input would help

Comment

Working...
              X