how to take off the stick shift ball?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to take off the stick shift ball?

how to take off the stick shift ball to replace it with somthing cooler? is it screwed on there really tight? or is it molded there?

it seems so tight that i fear of breaking somthing inside the shifter, would anything happen?

Originally posted by b3master
    how to take off the stick shift ball to replace it with somthing cooler? is it screwed on there really tight? or is it molded there?

it seems so tight that i fear of breaking somthing inside the shifter, would anything happen?
    the knob is threaded, just unscrew it

Comment

Make sure to hold the shifter, it will turn with the knob. They're on pretty tight.
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

thanx, but with what can i hold the shifter?

Comment

A pair of vice grips with a rag between them and the shaft..A pair of channel lock pliars (again with a rag). It shouldn't be that tight.
          NBM '02 Z, SLP Lid, Corsa Cat-Back
          (SOLD 07/03/2004)

Comment

Working...
          X