bad opti?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad opti?

My 93 z is breaking up after it warms up.Today i drove it around my development and like clock work it started acting up.I breaks up and will only rev to about 3,000 rpms.Today it finally did set off the ses light how do i scan it.My scanner for my 96 won't work.Can i use a jumper wire and count the blinks?

Originally posted by 93/96 f-body
    My 93 z is breaking up after it warms up.Today i drove it around my development and like clock work it started acting up.I breaks up and will only rev to about 3,000 rpms.Today it finally did set off the ses light how do i scan it.My scanner for my 96 won't work.Can i use a jumper wire and count the blinks?
    on a 93 you can use a jumper wire and count the blinks.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Opti

Your problem sounds exactly like what my 95 did, break up at 3000 and complete shut down by 4000. It was the Optical sensor in mine. Do not buy one of those so called rebuilt units from Auto Zone, or any so called rebuilt, it had the same exact problem with the garbage unit they supplied. I think the only thing they to "rebuild" is clean the unit. What a rip off. After I put in a new unit and every thing was fine. If any body knows where you can buy a new Optcal sensor, that would also be the ticket.

Comment

Working...
      X