Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I finally got it scanned...these are the codes:

P0300 Random cylinder misfire detected.
    It showed that cylinder 6 misfired 6 times, cyl. 4 misfired 5 times, cyl. 1 misfired once.

P1441 Evap system flow during non-purge. (this is the same code it threw up last summer...got it scanned and reset...didn't show up again till earlier this month, off and on. The dealer last year told me it was the "fuel evap solenoid."

On the mis-fire, it said that if it was significant enough to damage the catalyst then the SES light would start flashing as soon as the code was set, which it did last night. Lorne, the friend who scanned it, reset it today and the engine kept mis-firing and the code came back with the light flashing as I drove it the 2 blocks back to the house. So......could it be the cat that is causing this? Or is the cat more likely just a syptom of the mis-fire? what do you guys think? Should I take it to the dealer to get serviced or take it to a muffler shop and ge tthe cat removed to see if that is the cause? Any input would be great!

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Go though the entire ignition system. That means plugs, wires and ohm the coil pack to make sure they are up to spec. If the misfire isn't resolve, then look to fuel...... possible fouled injectors. If the cat were the culprit, you would see a misfire on all cylinders as a plugged cat would affect all cylinders.

Comment

Working...
      X