Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much should it cost for a low-beam ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much should it cost for a low-beam ?

how much do you guys think it should cost for the lowbeam on a 1997 camaro z28
    Sylvania H4351

one of the local shops said 60 some bucks i think that must be a rip off and a half

and another said 20 some

anyone know a site online that would be cheaper ?
    1997 Camaro Z28 Pacesetter Long tubes, ORY-Pipe, Accel 30# Injectors, MSD Cap & Rotor, MSD Super Conductor Wires, NGK Irdium TR55IV Plugs, and Borla Catback. Madtuner Tune, SLP High/Low fan switch, NGK o2 sensors

New Longblock at 110,947 and everything above.

If the headlights are how I think they are on the Camaro, and all you need is the bulb itself and not the housing, you should be able to pick one up at any Pep Boys/Autozone type store for about $10.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

They are always the most expensive on the shelf at the parts store compared to all the others. Usually about 24-26 bucks if I remember. Carparts.com says 31, so 25 in the real world is about right.

Sean
      1994 Z28, 6 spd, LE2 Heads, GM 1.6 RR, .026" head gasket, SLP: CAI-Headers (CARB legal)-ypipe-2 on the left-lightweight flywheel-short throw, Random tech cat, CF dual friction, LT-4 KM.

Comment

The shop must have quoted you the price of an OEM light. If you buy it yourself it should cost about $25.
        Joe K.
        '11 BMW 328i
        '10 Matrix S AWD
        Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
          If the headlights are how I think they are on the Camaro, and all you need is the bulb itself and not the housing, you should be able to pick one up at any Pep Boys/Autozone type store for about $10.
          It is a sealed beam and does not have a replaceable bulb cartridge like newer headlights. ~$25 is the norm.
          Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Working...
          X