Parts trip/rear help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts trip/rear help

I went on my 1st parts trip today. It was about 5 1/2 hours round trip. I got a freshly sandblasted and painted 9 bolt

The only thing that I can see wrong with it is that one of the bolts holding the cover is broken off. I might be able to get it out with a pair of vice grips but if anyone has a better suggestion I'm all ears. I'm planning on getting a new tranny cover so the dents around the lip don't really bother me.

My other question has to do with the axle shafts. The guy I had bought it from didn't have them secured to the tube i.e. they were just hanging loose. How do I secure them in the differential? Do I have to worry about the axle seals being messed up?
    1989 TA
    Flowmaster exhaust
    Ghetto CAI

1994 TA GT
    K&N CAI
    Magnaflow catback

www.nkyfba.com

Something you might try to get the bolt out, if it isn't too tightly stuck in there, you can take a rotary tool and cut a groove in the top of the bolt and use a flathead screwdriver to twist it out. This has worked for me to get screws out that were broken off of stuff. Hope this helps.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

What's the difference between using studs versus the bolts that came with the rear? I've heard that using studs will strengthen the rear but wouldn't I have to have them pressed in at a machine shop?

I figured out that the axles bolt into the tubes
      1989 TA
      Flowmaster exhaust
      Ghetto CAI

1994 TA GT
      K&N CAI
      Magnaflow catback

www.nkyfba.com

Comment

Working...
      X