nfb stupid ppl.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nfb stupid ppl.

One of my friends was talking about one of his relatives 5.0's that supposivly has 500 horses. That is believe able I thought untill he told me the mods. All he said has ported and polished heads, rods, crank, pistons, a big cam. I was just like what. I really dont see a 5.0 makin 500 all motor. Tell me if this holds water or if he is just being stupid. I have a feeling he is just stupid because he also claims to have gone 180 in a stock eclipse.

500 on all motor? I don't think so. Maybe if it was stroked to around 400 cubes, but not on the 5.0 displacement naturally aspirated. I don't even know if it is possible to stroke a 5.0 that big, I kinda doubt it.

I call BS.

the 180 in a stock Eclipse is another load of BS. I've never cared to ride in one, but there are Lingenfelter turbo vettes that can hardly go that fast. It is possible the speedometer was off? Just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. Vipers top out around there, I know because one passed me when I was flat out in my Camaro one time. I had it pegged at 155, he passed me at 180. Interstates in Colorado rule! I met up with him later on while gassing up, he told me he was topped out at 180.

No way an Eclipse could do that without at least a few mods.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ

the 180 in a stock Eclipse is another load of BS. I've never cared to ride in one, but there are Lingenfelter turbo vettes that can hardly go that fast
      Well the lingenfelter twin turbo did a nice "226 MPH" with like 600 horses. (Car and Driver TV) They even claimed that it was the fastest car C&D had ever tested.
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I'm sure an Eclispse had a speed limiter on it, but if he got it taken off....then it isn't stock anymore
        2006 Saturn Ion Redline
        2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

There isn't enough gear in an eclipse to go 180. My old Eclipse maxed at 162 so says the GPS and thats was with a 20g turbo.
          96 Camaro Z28/A4,Vortech elbow,Moroso CAI,Flowmaster.Addco PHR,LCA,160* Stat,pcmforless,1LE Driveshaft,1LE A/C delete pulley,1LE Front sway bar,Strut brace,sub frames, LT4 knock module,255 lph pump,Cutout,

Comment

I think the speedo only goes to 140 or 160 on those cars anyway so there'd be no way to tell if he was going 180 unless he was being paced by a vett or a viper. I've only seen 3 cars with a 180+ speedo a vette, viper, and a twin turbo stealth/3000gt.
            1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

I call BS on the Eclipse story way before the Mustang story.

500 N/A is definitely believable... however, if he says he has re-done the bottom end, then chances are he has a stroker crank and it is no longer a 5.0

500 rwhp would be a little tougher, but 500 at the crank I wouldn't doubt for a second.
              Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Sounds like my friend who claims to be running 19lbs of boost on his 85 Grand National. The only mods he has are a shift kit and headers (aren't you supposed to avoid using headers on a turbo'd vehicle?). He doesn't even have an intercooler. What's the saying? "He who knows does not speak. He who speaks does not know."
                Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                SOLD- Kinda miss it
                94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                SOLD- Good riddance!
                2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
                  Sounds like my friend who claims to be running 19lbs of boost on his 85 Grand National. The only mods he has are a shift kit and headers (aren't you supposed to avoid using headers on a turbo'd vehicle?). He doesn't even have an intercooler. What's the saying? "He who knows does not speak. He who speaks does not know."
                  Actually, the 86-87 GNs came stock with headers (although not the greatest). On a turbo'ed vehicle, the more exhaust flow you can get from the motor to the exhaust portion of the turbo, the faster and harder it will spool up, hence headers are a must. Yeah, the 85's never came with an intercooler, nor did the 84s or 82s.
                  Steve
                  79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                  87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                  93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                  http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

that Eclipse... went 180 km/h, right?

as far as the Stang goes, i'd hafta find the issue, but Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords had several combos (n/a and f/i) to go from 300 to 700 hp...i'm pretty sure of the 302 n/a combos went to 500hp...

but i could be wrong...
                    1998 TA M6 SLP Lid, Cold Air and Bellow, Flowmaster 3", Centerforce DF, Fast Toys MAF ends, JET skip shift eliminator 312rwhp/366rwtq

92 Lincoln Mark VII LSC For Sale

Visit Central Jersey Mustangs & Fords

Comment

Working...
                    X