NFB: Electrical gremlin question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Electrical gremlin question

My friend has an '01 Chevy Astro. When she turns on her right blinker her hazards come on. Her shift indicator light blinks at odd times. I hit the brake pedal (with everthing off) and the door chime came on. There are other things that happen intermittently with various lights. It has keyless entry and DRLs. My thought would be the BCM. I looked for a fuse to the PCM but did not see one. Any thoughts?

Originally posted by RagtopRay
    My thought would be the BCM.

That would be the first thing on my list to look at.
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Originally posted by RagtopRay
      My thought would be the BCM.
      Either that or find an exorcist. It's possessed.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
        Either that or find an exorcist. It's possessed.
        hahahahaha.
        1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

Better possessed than repossessed . . . . .
          Darrin C
          '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
          07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Electrical

Spent too many years as an electronics tech to ever want to do it again. The best advise I can give is to start looking for bad grounds, and bad connections. These can cause the weirdest of problems. Move any wires you can get your hands on, and see if there is any effect. Gently tap around any areas you might suspect, (with something non conductive), and see if there is any response. You have one of the most difficult problems to find, the intermittent one. Good Luck!

Comment

might also see if it is a fusable link rather than a fuse

Comment

Working...
              X