how to kill your tyres

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to kill your tyres

i had fun at a local drag strip last weekend had a few runs(knocked half a second off of my et,s and gained 3or4 mph at the traps i will post my times later when i find the timing slips) and enterd the burn out contest ths is whats left of the tyres they had about 8 mm tread on them when i started
    Attached Files
    http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
    C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
    mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Another form of "Male Pattern Baldness"
    Darrin C
    '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
    07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

which speed rating is that xp 2000? the regular 2000 has high utqg treadwear number and rubber is pretty hard.....

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

That guy hates his tires.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Is it hard to get all that rubber off of the paint?

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Do you have line locks? Hope so, and isnt that hard on the transmission, and rear.
            94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

Comment

You still have that much rubber left? Man, you need to learn how to do a burnout
              "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

maybe im just obsessive about keeping my car clean but i think i might if all that melted rubber got all over my car
                1997 Camaro Z28 Pacesetter Long tubes, ORY-Pipe, Accel 30# Injectors, MSD Cap & Rotor, MSD Super Conductor Wires, NGK Irdium TR55IV Plugs, and Borla Catback. Madtuner Tune, SLP High/Low fan switch, NGK o2 sensors

New Longblock at 110,947 and everything above.

Comment

ya how do u get that off, i have some by my rear tires and it is just glued on there and wont come off.....any suggestions

Comment

Originally posted by JM94Camaro
                    ya how do u get that off, i have some by my rear tires and it is just glued on there and wont come off.....any suggestions
                    After my burnout video, I too had a bunch of rubber melted onto the paint. A pressure washer got some of it off, but the rest was impossible to remove. This weekend I was finally able to simply scrub it off with a wash mit. I guess time will eventually allow the rubber to kinda dry out enough to the point where it becomes brittle. I guess wait it out a month or two? Im sure someone else will have a better suggestion than time.
                    1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

The old drag racer trick is to wipe down the lower half of the rear quarters with a rag sprayed with Armor All before you start racing or do burnouts. At the end of the night, you can literally wipe the rubber off with a Kleenex if you want.

For existing rubber, I've always used WD40 and let it soak in. This is also helpful for removing the glue residue left by stickers and pinstripes, and for getting bug guts off the nose of your car.
                      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

My co-worker borrowed the T/A several years ago and ended up doing a huge burnout He ended up melting the asphalt at the rear tires...which ended up spewing super hot rubber chunks on the bumper. I couldn't get it out because it was literally melted on some areas. Luckily, I just got a brand new bumper painted and will install it soon.
                        94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                          which speed rating is that xp 2000? the regular 2000 has high utqg treadwear number and rubber is pretty hard.....
                          i can let you know if you want ken. its a bit hard to see but the rear hatch glass is covered in rubber (as well as everything else ) if youve got it flaunt it
                          Attached Files
                          http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
                          C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

Comment

i have just found this photo on the net of my car just after i finished the burn out. this is the text that is printed above the photo on the guys site
                            I tried to get a picture of this burn out but you couldnt see the car! He got second place though, hotly contesting for the first place - was a very close call

i have a movie of the burn out who is the best person to ask to host it for me?

Comment

Working...
                            X