4th gen car/1st gen motor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th gen car/1st gen motor

I have a 94 Z28 and i am installing an old school carbed small block and i was wondering if anyone has done this and what type of distributer will fit or is a crank trigger required. Also if anyone has any information to give on tips to makeing this work i would like to hear it.
    1994 Z28 Camaro-Project carbed 4th gen
    1995 Silverado-beater truck
    2005 Colorado Z71-Daily driver

There are a number of people running a Gen 1 SBC in a 4th Gen chassis. You can fit the distributor under the cowl. Getting it out is another story. Some people will opt for a crab-style cap to reduce the interference with the windshield wipers.

The other problem is going to be the intake manifold and carb. Its going to require a cowl style hood, although I have seen an SS hood modified to clear an injected Gen 1 SBC in a 4th Gen.

You might want to go to CamaroZ28.com and do a "search". There are quite a few threads there discussing the problems you will face.

http://web.camaross.com/forums/index.php?

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer

what is the pump on the front of the motor that is piped into the valve cover??
      96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
      11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Crankcase vacuum pump. There's a vacuum relief valve on the valve cover on the other side that lets air in as required to keep it from pulling too much vacuum.

View from the other side:

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
        X