NFB - The President's in Rochester, NY now

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB - The President's in Rochester, NY now

President Bush is here in Rochester trying to promote his Social Security reform. The speech is starting now.. Now, I am a bush supporter, but this Social Security reform act is not the greatest for my age bracket. I'm almost 44, and I will get reduced benefits.

Hopefully I'll be able to make up the difference...
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Originally posted by Gary94Formula
    President Bush is here in Rochester trying to promote his Social Security reform. The speech is starting now.. Now, I am a bush supporter, but this Social Security reform act is not the greatest for my age bracket. I'm almost 44, and I will get reduced benefits.

Hopefully I'll be able to make up the difference...
    If nothing is changed you probably won't get anything. http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/10055.html

see also http://www.socialsecurity.gov/qa.htm
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Normally I stay out of political discussions. It kind of ticks me off that every year I pay the maximum of social security taxes. Right now retirees collect based on that. Yet when I reach retirement, we won't get squat. The way I invest and save, I would rather do away with it right now..... that way I can invest it properly and at least get a decent return for when I retire.

Comment

Yeah - Your probably right.. With the sale of our division at work to another company last year, I no longer am covered under a retirement plan...

Gotta love it...
        2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
        2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
        2013 GMC Sierra (mine)

Comment

sure bush goes to talk at greece athena... is webster not good enough for him . Id like to hear whats going on, seems cool that hes here

Comment

Originally posted by darkz711
            sure bush goes to talk at greece athena... is webster not good enough for him . Id like to hear whats going on, seems cool that hes here

Nah, he's stopping in webster....my house for lunch before he heads out. Gonna take him for a ride in the bird!
            96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
            11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
              Nah, he's stopping in webster....my house for lunch before he heads out. Gonna take him for a ride in the bird!
              well if he does, maybe they will bulletproof your car. Wouldnt help you in the speed category but would definitely be cool if you were someone like the punisher or batman

Comment

well if he does, maybe they will bulletproof your car. Wouldnt help you in the speed category but would definitely be cool if you were someone like the punisher or batman
                Or lived in Camden, NJ...
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

It was a hand picked audience.. Only supporters of his SS reform plan. They limited the age of most of the audience to under 29. That is the age bracket that might be able to benefit from this plan.. I'm not saying that something doesn't need to be done, but the 3% tax on your personal account portion sucks.. They even interviewed the people before that they were going to speak to and if you didn't agree with the plan then you weren't allowed in.

Oh well, I'll have to get another few rentals for income to replace my SS..
                  2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                  2013 GMC Sierra (mine)

Comment

It was a hand picked audience.. Only supporters of his SS reform plan. They limited the age of most of the audience to under 29. That is the age bracket that might be able to benefit from this plan.. I'm not saying that something doesn't need to be done, but the 3% tax on your personal account portion sucks.. They even interviewed the people before that they were going to speak to and if you didn't agree with the plan then you weren't allowed in.

im 18, and have no idea what this plan is for

Comment

Make no mistake, every audience for any political person is hand picked. The media keeps emphasizing that this was a hand picked audience to make it sound like a setup by Bush. Well every Kerry, both Clintons, Kennedy as well as Bush, etc etc audiences are hand picked.

im 18, and have no idea what this plan is for
                      You need to read those links I posted. This plan is to try and keep a system for when you retire.
                      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

To me its a no-brainer.....would you rather control your own retirement benifits or have the gov't take control (and probably get nothing)?
                        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Working...
                        X