Those with Weld Pro Stars, inside please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those with Weld Pro Stars, inside please

I've been running these for several hundred miles of use, 15x3s and 15x10s. I've noticed that when pulling in and out of my garage, I detect an occational creaking sound coming from the wheels. It's a faint sound... I mean really faint....... and I can't tell if it's from the fronts or the rears. The lug nuts are nice and tight, the wheels run true and there seem to be no adverse effects..... just the occation light creaking sound that sounds similar to a hinge that needs a little oil in one spot. I've heard of some issues with these due to the way they are manufactured but it doesn't seem to affect the wheel's function. Anyone else run into this?

Do you have all the washers facing in the correct direction?
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
      Do you have all the washers facing in the correct direction?
      They are marked "this side towards wheel" and installed correctly. It seems like the outer "shells" are drawn together tightly against the insert as well.

Comment

Centercaps? I dont have weld wheels, but the centercaps on the telstars make noise now and then.....
        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
          Centercaps? I dont have weld wheels, but the centercaps on the telstars make noise now and then.....
          hmmmm. I am using center caps. I wonder........

I'll try removing them and see what happens.

Comment

The washers thing was just a stab in the dark..... I always seem to find one or two facing in the wrong direction when I polish the wheels.

The center cap is a good place to check.... great idea. Mine (only have them in the front) rattled to the point where I put duct tape on the back of them to hold them in the wheels.
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

My Alumastar center sections "creak" sometimes as well. Must be a Weld thing.

Comment

I think I just need to run the headers open. That should cure any creaking.

Comment

Working...
                X