NFB: 07 GT500

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: 07 GT500

I was just reading the artical in HOTROD about the proposed GT500 for 07. 5.4L 3 valve Iron bock f-series truck motor with heads and cam from the Ford GT and a positive displacment roots style blower making 450-500 HP. Plus it will have a solid rear axle. 14" cross drilled Brembo brakes with 4 piston calipers in the front a n 13" in the back. 18x9.5 rims.some cosmetic changes but mostly all te same as the current production Mustang. I must say if they can do it for the proposed $40,000 I would be interested Unless GM comes out with the f-body again. What do you all think?

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
    6.2L/382.97 ci
    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
    WCT-5 speed
    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
    Boss MS 18" Rims
    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
    Custom Dual exhaust
    1LE upgrade
    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
    In a constant state of upgrade!

They look like a lot of fun to me.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

It could be a blast...
      2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
      1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
      2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
      2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
      2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

trust me...stangs are looking quite nice to me right now...but, I'll still pick a GTO.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Yup. Gotta hand it to Ford. They are making a sweet looking car. I can only hope GM jumps on the retro bandwagon with a Camaro and goes with the '70 open bumper look.

Imagine a new Z/28 with the LS2?

But I'm with Chris on this one, I'd still take the GTO over the 'Stang.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I would take a real GTO any day, but not the Monaro(regardless of the engine they stuff in it)...not even as a daily driver...not a chance. The last GTO was built in the 70s. If they want to bring it back properly, fine; if not, let it RIP. That Monaro is a Grand Prix with a nice engine stuffed in it. The GT 500 gets my vote.
            '77 K5 rock-crawler project
            '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
            '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
            '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
            '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
            My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
            Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by markd79ta
              I would take a real GTO any day, but not the Monaro(regardless of the engine they stuff in it)...not even as a daily driver...not a chance. The last GTO was built in the 70s. If they want to bring it back properly, fine; if not, let it RIP. That Monaro is a Grand Prix with a nice engine stuffed in it. The GT 500 gets my vote.
              Me too. Given an equal engine there's no way I would take that GTO over a new Mustang. I would be surprised if the GT500 goes for $40,000 street price. Insurance might be horrendous for it though.

Comment

Working...
              X