nfb: saw it comming......tire news

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nfb: saw it comming......tire news

years ago.... it was just a matter of time.
    tire sales will increase....for sure. now...the other manuf.'s need to follow to "look good"..........

Today's Headlines
    Ford, DaimlerChrysler to advise vehicle owners to pull tires after six years
    By Miles Moore, Senior Washington reporter©

WASHINGTON (May 24, 2005)—Ford Motor Co. has quietly slipped a paragraph into the tire safety section of its vehicle owners’ manual and company Web site, advising Ford owners to replace their tires after six years, regardless of mileage. DaimlerChrysler AG will give the same advice to its customers beginning with the 2006 model year, according to a DaimlerChrysler spokeswoman.

A Ford spokesman said the company based its decision on its ongoing tire safety research, while the DaimlerChrysler spokeswoman said her company’s talks with a number of tire manufacturers confirmed its decision to give the six-year recommendation.

A spokesman for the Rubber Manufacturers Association, however, said no tire maker would say the six-year recommendation was a good idea. “I can’t imagine that happening,” he said. “That doesn’t make sense. Ford has never shared any (tire aging) data with us that we know of, and the same with DaimlerChrysler.”

The RMA and its tire manufacturing members have said consistently that there are too many variables in tire aging to give a hard-and-fast expiration date, and have fought legislation that would arbitrarily create one.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

I can't think of ever having any tires lasting 6 years, maybe my boat trailer.
    The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

Comment

i hope i can push more than 4 more years out of my current tires that would def be nice
      1997 Camaro Z28 Pacesetter Long tubes, ORY-Pipe, Accel 30# Injectors, MSD Cap & Rotor, MSD Super Conductor Wires, NGK Irdium TR55IV Plugs, and Borla Catback. Madtuner Tune, SLP High/Low fan switch, NGK o2 sensors

New Longblock at 110,947 and everything above.

Comment

Working...
      X