No announcement yet.

Wrong date on ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a good thing you were not in Illinois, it's a felony here, with a min. of 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Buda
      It's a good thing you were not in Illinois, it's a felony here, with a min. of 5 years.
      Really? I had no idea. I too am from Illinois, and from what I've heard, if you are caught racing, you get your car impounded, get your liscense suspended for a year or something like that, as well as a hefty amount of fines.
      black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

ya, the 5 years could be jail time, probation or both, it's a manditory 1 year lost of lic. plus the fines and it goes on your permenate record as a felony.

Comment

I know here in the Big state of Delaware if you dont show up on your court date they send you another notice for the second date and if you dont show up there they send out a bench warrant. I agree with N20LT4bird. Do your homework and know your state laws and programs. We have a program here where if you havent got a speeding ticket in 3 yrs you can justy pay the fine and not get the points but if you get another ticket with in the 3 years you get those points + the points from the original ticket. But do your homework and dont be a smart a$$ about it. You still have rights in this country. And normaly the DA will call your name up before court starts to talk to you and will just probably offer you a deal but that doesnt mean you have to take it. And try to prolong it as much as possible! They have a tendency to loose things or forget and not show up.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
          2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Working...
          X