Adopted a '99 Z28 last night!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adopted a '99 Z28 last night!

A beutiful Navy Blue Z28 is now my new ride. The car is completely stock except for the addition of a skip shift eliminator. The car is loaded option wise like most Z28's (leather, t-tops, ground effects/spoiler package) but has no CD changer. It has 64,000 on it, the clutch is in great shape as is the paint. The only thing I need to fix on it is the front right speaker. It's blown out, but that's not too hard to correct.

All in all, I love the 6 speed (my first), and am happy to have t-tops again! I'll have to post some pics when the weather gets better, I forgot my camera when I went to pick it up.
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

welcome to the LS club...LOL. I picked up my 99 with 59K on the clock...

dark blue eh? Zaino the crap out of her...she'll be gleaming.

Congrats!

Keepin er stock or are you gonna mod the crap out of her?

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Congrats. The 6 speeds are a blast to drive, especially mated to the LS1.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I'm not going to go as crazy as I did with my last car. I'll do a "few" mods. I'm thinking sub-frame connectors, airbox, shifter, and move the strut tower brace from my other car. I forsee many coats of zaino.

Hmmm, strut tower braces should be interchangable, right? I know the mounting points are identical, but I worry about hood clearance.
        Joe K.
        '11 BMW 328i
        '10 Matrix S AWD
        Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!
          I'm not going to go as crazy as I did with my last car. I'll do a "few" mods. .
          yeah right. Mods are addicting..... you just can't stop.

Comment

I hate to ask, but if you don't mine me, How much did you pay. I am looking for the same car 98 or so. With as many options I can with about the same amount of miles. So I'm just wondering how much they are going for I have been seeing between 9 and 10k. I'm hoping to get one for about $9k with 55-65k miles. Is this realistic?

Comment

Originally posted by CocaColaEatsPie
              I hate to ask, but if you don't mine me, How much did you pay. I am looking for the same car 98 or so. With as many options I can with about the same amount of miles. So I'm just wondering how much they are going for I have been seeing between 9 and 10k. I'm hoping to get one for about $9k with 55-65k miles. Is this realistic?
              I'd have to preface my answer with "it depends". There are a lot of variables, the main ones being miles, model year, options, and condition. Another thing that you'll find is that price varies depending on the area you're looking at. I've seen cheaper ones in places out west like Arkansas or Texas for around the price you're looking at. They seem to be pricier than normal in the area that I'm living now.

I paid about $11k. The paint is in all but perfect shape. I found 1 very minor surface scratch and a little wear on the front ground effects. The owner had all the maintenance records and was upfront about everything. Typical F-body problem areas were ok. The interior was in superb shape. It was garage kept and only driven 4k miles in the past year, was babied, and it shows. The first owner was female and her husband was a mechanic. I basically paid a little above the suggested private purchase price at edmunds.com. I think I'd have a hard time finding one like this for $9k. Maybe between $10k-$10.5k depending on the seller and their motivations.

You may be able to find one for your price if you're patient, but it's hard to get everything you want just right with a used car. I looked for a year before I found my 96Z. This time I found one I liked right off the bat and was willing to pay a little extra for what I wanted. It's all give and take really.

Good luck with your search. Get out and shop around a bit without commiting yourself and you'll get a feel for the market.
              Joe K.
              '11 BMW 328i
              '10 Matrix S AWD

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!
                I'm not going to go as crazy as I did with my last car. I'll do a "few" mods. I'm thinking sub-frame connectors, airbox, shifter, and move the strut tower brace from my other car. I forsee many coats of zaino.

Hmmm, strut tower braces should be interchangable, right? I know the mounting points are identical, but I worry about hood clearance.
                I didnt see anyone answer this so I thought I would chime in..I bought a BMR STB from a 2001 Camaro and I wouldnt fit On my 97 Bird they look close but the angle of the towers is slightly dirrerent ..lucky for me my son-in law has a 2000 Camaro and it fit fine
                1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
                1 of 463
                LT4 knock module
                D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
                strut tower brace
                SLP fan switch
                160* t/stat
                Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
                DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

Comment

NBM is by far the best color on a 4th gen Camaro! Excellent adoption.

Comment

Working...
                  X