No announcement yet.

California Car Duster... anyone use it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Car Duster... anyone use it?

Has anyone used the California Car Duster? I have used it on a silver car and it worked good, but I'm kinda worried about trying it on my black car. It says it's guaranteed NOT to scratch the paint, but I don't know about that... Ken, any of you detail guru's, whats the low down on those things? Worth it or not?

Jeff
    One SWEET 02 GAGT w/ tons of mods!

I loved it and I had a black car
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

I've used one for a long time and it works flawlessly. Lots of Hotrodders swear by them.

Comment

California Duster, followed by Z-6 and the car looks better than new.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Awesome guys.. I will go get a new one for this car and give it a shot.. What is the BEST way to "PREP" it before the initial use? What did you all do? Any good tricks or anything?
          One SWEET 02 GAGT w/ tons of mods!

Comment

Mine's about 10 years old..... I think I just took it out of the case and used it. When it looks like its getting loaded with dust, I'll vacuum it with my shop vac. You might want to avoid using it on a day with very high humidity, near the dew point. It will streak under those conditions.
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff02GAGT
              Awesome guys.. I will go get a new one for this car and give it a shot.. What is the BEST way to "PREP" it before the initial use? What did you all do? Any good tricks or anything?
              I put mine on a few sheets of newspaper for a few days, turning it over and stuff every now and then. I tried it after only having it on the paper for a day or so and it left streaks on my black paint. It still kind of does if I use it when the surface is warm, but I guess that is to be expected. Just use some newspaper, that should fix you up.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

One more vote for the car duster, and I use the water blade too! Every once in a while - something good DOES come out of Kalifornia.

Comment

dont rub with it...

lightly go over the surface......let just the weight of the duster rest on it.

season it first. lay it on a paper bag in a room that gets sun for a day or two. to remove the excess wax or it will streak the first few times you use it.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                  Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                  sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                    California Duster, followed by Z-6 and the car looks better than new.

That's what I do, ..., except now I use the new Z8!
                    Black car, & it works great!
                    1) 2001 Pontiac Trans Am 10th Anniversary Firehawk
                    2) 2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP
                    3) 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTII
                    4) 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT
                    5) 1996 Chevrolet Blazer
                    6) 1993 Harley-Davidson FXSTS Softail Springer

Comment

I use the water blade and love it - will have to try the duster!!
                      Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

I use both the duster and the water blade. As soon as my Zaino kit comes in, I'll be using the leaf blower to dry the car, and I'll just use the water blade for the windows.

BTW - I also have the dashboard duster. It's awesome. Highly recommended.
                        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                        X