Shopping List

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping List

In the next couple of weeks I'm going to start getting stuff ready for my rearend swap (10 bolt to 9 bolt) and I figured since I was going to have the whole thing off I might as well replace a few other things. I need some recommendations for some of the items. I'm planning on replacing all of the bushings but I have no idea how many there are and where I can get them.
    Here's my list:

1)Shocks
    2)LCA's
    3)panhard bar
    4) (anything else I might be forgetting?)

The car will only be street driven as a daily driver and since I'm also doing a drum to disc conversion the money's kind of tight. I'm not looking for the top of the line stuff just replacement parts that will last a long time yet still be an upgrade from OEM.
    1989 TA
    Flowmaster exhaust
    Ghetto CAI

1994 TA GT
    K&N CAI
    Magnaflow catback

www.nkyfba.com

Your shocks, LCA's, and panhard rod should come with new bushings. The other thing to replace in the rear is the support bushings, and endlink/bushings for the rear sway bar. Polyurethane from Energy Suspension works great.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Disifer
      In the next couple of weeks I'm going to start getting stuff ready for my rearend swap (10 bolt to 9 bolt) and I figured since I was going to have the whole thing off I might as well replace a few other things. I need some recommendations for some of the items. I'm planning on replacing all of the bushings but I have no idea how many there are and where I can get them.
      Here's my list:

1)Shocks
      2)LCA's
      3)panhard bar
      4) (anything else I might be forgetting?)

The car will only be street driven as a daily driver and since I'm also doing a drum to disc conversion the money's kind of tight. I'm not looking for the top of the line stuff just replacement parts that will last a long time yet still be an upgrade from OEM.
      It would be a lot easier just to take out a bolt.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Upgrading from 2.73 open drum (with bent axles) to 3.27 posi disc. I wish it had a magical bolt that would change all of this .
        I was thinking maybe KYB or Tokico shocks and spohn tubular lca's. No idea on the panhard rod.
        1989 TA
        Flowmaster exhaust
        Ghetto CAI

1994 TA GT
        K&N CAI
        Magnaflow catback

www.nkyfba.com

Comment

The only things I can think of to change out while your doing the swap is transmission parts. If your oil seal is leaking (what the driveshaft goes into), than it's a perfect time to replace it. Maybe even the tranny mount if it's bad. Now would also be a good time to try and find an aluminum driveshaft, too.

When I did my rear end swap (2.73 10-bolt to 3.42 10-bolt), I went ahead and replaced the oil seal and the extension-to-case seal on the rear of the transmission, especially since I already had to take it off to change out the speedometer gears anyway.
          1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
          Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
          Trans: TH700R4
          Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

Do I need to grease the axle bearings or does the diff. fluid do this as well?
            1989 TA
            Flowmaster exhaust
            Ghetto CAI

1994 TA GT
            K&N CAI
            Magnaflow catback

www.nkyfba.com

Comment

Put some of the gear oil on them. You have seals on the end of the tube to keep the rest of the gear oil in there. You'll see how oily they are when you take an axle out.

Comment

Working...
              X