Scratches - airbrushing or body shop? W/in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratches - airbrushing or body shop? W/in

Hey guys, I have these AWFUL scratches on the inside of my door on the rocker panel. How do you get scratches in there? I never rub my food against the side of the panel. Anyway's, I called around, and found a mobile touch up air brusher. They will do it for $60. Sand it down and air brush it in. I've never used an air brusher before, so I don't know how well they perform. I'd really hate to have a body shop do it because it would cost a fortune. What do you all think? Have any of you ever used an air brusher to touch up scratches or chips? IF someone could give me some advice, that would be great!

Thanks,
    Jeff
    One SWEET 02 GAGT w/ tons of mods!

I guess you are talking about the plastic inside? If so, I used to work at a Chevy dealership in the used car department. Thye had these two airbrushers come in like once a week to touch up the interiors on some of the used cars. They did awesome work. I never could believe how well they could match up the colors with the paint. I think as long as you get someone who has been doing it a while and is good at it, you would be smart to got the airbrushing direction. If all else fails, just ask the manager at a used car dealership if he can recommend one. Hope this helps.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Hey Todd,

Yeah, it's the black plastic inside, it's all scratched up. I am thinking it happend at the car wash, but I am not totally sure. Do you or anyone else know what causes that to scratch? I think I will go the airbrush route... Asked a local dealer for a recommendation. I called the guy and he will do it for like $50.. Not bad...
      One SWEET 02 GAGT w/ tons of mods!

Comment

Working...
      X