Ughh...Bad launch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ughh...Bad launch

Well, i was driving around with my buddy and we saw a nice firebird right up ahead of us. I'd say about 2000, 2001'ish. It looked like the guy only took it out on nice nights cause it rained early that day and man was this thing shiny. So we drove next to eachother down the highway and bling! The light turns red so im like alright lets give it a go. I look over and he looks at me and then his girlfriend looks like she was yelling at him, he never gave the go to race, so i figured he didnt want his girl upset. Well, i guess she said race hime, he had no rev or anything just launched real hard, I had an awful delay and lanched terribly. I just cant describe how bad it was, worst ive ever had and i ve experienced some great launches. Learning is the key with the six speed i guess.
    1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Don't feel bad. I was testing my new powerdyne out today and did a launch at a stoplight on federal highway. I am SOOOOO glad no one was next to me. I don't know what happened to the computer, but my launch was worse, I mean really worse then a 50 cc. moped. I nailed it and it seriously just went blugh, just a minute and I'll get to 2 grand. It was the most pathetic experience I have EVER had in any car. My old 2.8 Camaro with the a/c on could have taken me. I want my mommy......

Comment

Launch

Don't feel bad, we have all had some bad launchs at times, (also had some bad lunchs). I used to have a Nova with a BB, that would launch strong, and then die, it would also fall on its face when it shifted. Seems the signal at the booster, (thats in a carb for you young guys & gals, yuc yuc), was not pulling enough fuel at lower engine speeds. Too big a Carb, intake, heads, cam for the motor size. How does that V-6 do at the drags?? Do you have any Time slips???

Comment

Only time slip I have is to the Liquor store before they closed, 55 seconds. It's right down the street.

Comment

Working...
        X