This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reply I got on fullthrottle v6

Can you believe this? This is a reply I got on fullthrottle v6.com to a tech question I posted about my sc install....

"Maybe you could harness your **** tease powers and get it to run a 18-25psi Basically your screwed, its going to cost you some dough to get that up and running right. Even if you do find someone who can "install" it right its still going to run like crap until its attacked with a tuning software. Everyone here knew this project wasnt going to work, you should have asked us about the project before you spent 2k of daddys money on a kit that was hopeless. Im sure there is a few guys near you who will turn a wrench if you "lend a helping hand". Have a nice day and god bless america"

I replied:
    Now you listen here A******, that was MY MONEY I spent, I work 8am to 8pm five days a week and some Saturdays 8-12 as a Certified Electronic Technician. It is obvious from your post that you have problems with your sexuality. Too bad. I put that in myself, does that bother you? I don't need a "male" to turn a wrench for me. That must threaten your manhood huh. YOU have a crappy day. And God bless Women."

I'm never going there again.

"

Makes you wonder how some people don't fall down more often, huh? lol

The moron did point out one thing though. You may want to have the PCM retuned. A mail-order tune wouldn't be bad, but having it dyno-tuned would be much more accurate. What problems are you having with the car?
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

You will not get those kind of responses here - what's up with your car? - although most here are V8s a V6 is only a V8 with 2 fewer cylinders right
      Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Thanks, It is about as fast as a 50 cc. moped on launch. I mean NO POWER. The reduced power light does not come on, no ses flag. I did get 4 lbs of boost today on a roll from 30mph. But it just wont go until I get rolling. Right now I am running 66 lbs. F/P but it stays there. The FMU I assume is working from the pressure increase, from 36 lbs, but it never drops back down. I am running TR6 plugs, one step colder. It is installed right, and the belt is tight. Did the alternate wrap for the powerdyne. Better then RK sports routing. (Kit manufacturer). I have stock ex. manifolds, and I realize I need headers. It just seems worse off then before. I used to launch like a rabbit. Even under boost it seems like there is not much gain. I have no tuner. It is a 99. Anything I can do? I am getting a used engine computer, so is that what I would send off to have programmed? Found one on e-bay for 27 bucks. The chrome box. Any help is appriciated.

Comment

Originally posted by jessica2112
          Thanks, It is about as fast as a 50 cc. moped on launch. I mean NO POWER. The reduced power light does not come on, no ses flag. I did get 4 lbs of boost today on a roll from 30mph. But it just wont go until I get rolling. Right now I am running 66 lbs. F/P but it stays there. The FMU I assume is working from the pressure increase, from 36 lbs, but it never drops back down. I am running TR6 plugs, one step colder. It is installed right, and the belt is tight. Did the alternate wrap for the powerdyne. Better then RK sports routing. (Kit manufacturer). I have stock ex. manifolds, and I realize I need headers. It just seems worse off then before. I used to launch like a rabbit. Even under boost it seems like there is not much gain. I have no tuner. It is a 99. Anything I can do? I am getting a used engine computer, so is that what I would send off to have programmed? Found one on e-bay for 27 bucks. The chrome box. Any help is appriciated.
          If you just want to do a mail-order, then you can either send off the one you won off of eBay to either PCMForLess or Mad Z28 for good tune. Most everyone here who has used them likes their work. However, for a more accurate tune, take your car to a local dyno-tune shop. It will cost more, but you'll a better chance to get the most out of your motor. I'm sure one of the FL-resident members can suggest some good dyno-tune shops. Hope this helps
          Steve

Comment

One word:

Scanner. That's the only way you're going to find out what the computer is doing.

Comment

Joe's right, you need to get a scanner on that thing to see what the computer sees and what the sensors are reading. Until then, it's all just guess work.
              Dave M
              Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Jess, did you get any ignition box with boost retard? I'm just wondering if your computer is pulling the timing when you try to launch. If there's not enough octane, the computer will sense it and back off the timing. Also, I'm assuming you have a fuel gauge, right? Did you get an in-line pump, or are you just running with a stock pump and a FMU? FMUs are notorious for being inconsistent and hard to tune. Most people with blowers end up getting a better pump & bigger injectors, which is what the car really needs, but then you need to get the computer adjusted for the larger injectors. Still, I would think that if the pressure was not dropping at launch, then it should take off like a rocket. Back when I still had a stock in-tank pump, I forgot to turn on my in-line booster pump and tried to do a hard launch - the car fell flat on it's face from no fuel pressure.

Anyway, it's probably one of those 2 things (or not )

Comment

I have not had it scanned yet. I am running the stock pump with FMU. But I really don't think the FMU is working, so I really am afraid to go into boost. It basically is a stock 6 with the sc. I should send the new computer in for a tune though, it has to be better then what I have now. I was pretty disappointed when I got the sc in. My friend has a scanner at his shop, I should have him hook it up and see what is going on. I have not gotten a reduced power mode or ses light yet. Running 93 octane. Maybe I should get the car stoned....Would I be OK with a in line booster pump? I would hate to drop the tank, or cut the hole in the back for an access panel.

Comment

with the stock compression ratio, you're going to need octane boost to run anything over about 7 psi. Especially if you do not have an intercooler. You may wish to consider either alcohol or propane injection. That would allow you to run pump gas and rely on the octane enrichment from the alcohol or propane.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                      with the stock compression ratio, you're going to need octane boost to run anything over about 7 psi. Especially if you do not have an intercooler. You may wish to consider either alcohol or propane injection. That would allow you to run pump gas and rely on the octane enrichment from the alcohol or propane.
                      So, just dumping in some Jack at the pump will give more power? Maybe I should try lol
                      Steve

Comment

Ok, this might sound silly, but couldnt she use tunercat and datamaster with her laptop. Or is that just for the LT1, it works great on mine. This is a real question by the way, I am not being a mr. smartypants.

As a side note, you will find that our fourm is by far the best on the net... I belong to a couple , but this is where i spend all my time..... Hope you find the help you are looking for...
                        95 Trans Am, K&N CAI, LT4 knock module, Flowmaster exhuast, Grant GT steering wheel, Sony head unit w/sub, Autometer Gauges

Comment

Yeah most (not all) of the guys on ftv6.com are ******. I'm the mod for the southeastern section and I only go there to check my area now bc most of the people are [*******] and I'm trying to get a meet setup because we NEVER have meets. Anywho, I agree with the people above about sending one of the pcms to PCMforless. I have a buddy with a z28 who gets his tunes from there and they're great and I believe retunes are free So if you do get around to those headers and other mods like gears you can just send it back and get it tuned free I'm trying to find another PCM so that when I finally get some 4.10s my speedo won't be all messed up.
                          '99 SSM Camaro V6 M5
                          Stock with an irratic idle...
                          (218/218 .528/.528 112LSA 112IC)

Comment

I'm not 100% up to date with recent programs, but not too long ago the V6s were still SOL as the factory program had yet to be decoded. That may have changed as I think this was over a year ago. I believe there are aftermarket systems that would work.

I do have to make a point. I've had to edit several posts in this thread. Not to mention that this thread started off as needing an edit job. It's going to end now of it's gonna get ugly.

Read the rules: http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10744

Comment

Working...
                            X