Couple of Zaino questons...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of Zaino questons...

Ok, the first one is a bit wierd, but.....has anyone ever tired using the Z6 on your glass? I Zaino'ed the Camaro yesterday and was, as always, amazed at how well the Z6 smoothed out the surface before I put the polish on and got to wondering. I wonder if a person used it on their glass, would it have the same water-beading effect as it does on the paint. I haven't had a chance to try it since yesterday, but I am curious now. Anyone ever tried it? Results?

Second question.....for you ZFX users, what is your record # of coats applied in one day? I am looking to get some ZFX with my next order (been using Z1) and was curious how many coats some of your Zaino junkies (insert Ken's name here ) have managed to apply in one day? Who here has the record?

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

I use Z-6 to clean the glass every time I Z-6 the surface. I never really paid attention to water beading, I doubt the Z-6 holds up to a wash. However, I do occassionally put a coat of polish on the windshield, etc. Now it does have water beading and has the affect of rain blowing right off.

The most you want to apply in a single day with the ZFX is 3 applications, as recommended by Sal Zaino. More can overload it. I've heard of people putting on 4 in a single day with no apparent problems, but I only put on 3 max.

Kevin Villier 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", T-Tops, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, BMR STB, chrome-moly panhard rod and LCA's, SLP SFC's, PPC LT's w/ RT hi-flo cats and hi-flo Y, TEA Stage 1.5 5.3L heads, TR224 cam, ASP pulley, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid, Holley Power-Shot filter, Mallory polished MAF ends, 4.10 gears.

Louisville, KY

SSOA F02-0186
    KY F-Bodies Unlimited

Comment

z6 on glass has been done for quite a while. however, your glass has to be fairly clean before hand....z6 does not contain solvents for cleaning.

3 coats max, like Kevin say....other wise you can "overload" the zaino system and get streaks when you use z6 or z8 for the next few days.....

my CompTA had over 140 coats on it when I sold it....

the Firehawk..around 120 now.....

the GTO.....12 to date....(deliverd March 28 ,2005 )

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
      X