X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on edelbrock heads

hey guys and girls
    i am lookin to get a set of heads for the old t/a
    now i can get a hell of deal on a set of edelbrock aluminum LT1 heads at my local shop a guyu put a deposit on the order and then smashed up his car so i can buy the heads minus the 500 the put down as the deposit
    so here is my question
    are these goods heads ?
    any one here run them and how do you like them ?
    and what kind of gains should i expect?
    do i need to return my computer again ?
    thanks scott
    p.s need answers asap as he is only gonna hold them for me for 2 days
    thanks again
    scott

forgot to mention the car is a 96 t/a a4 with medium mods to the motor

Comment

anyone ?????? crap.

Comment

From what I've read, the Edelbrock heads flow 242/185 @ .500. They have the same size intake runner as the stock LT1 and 1.94 int valves. Those flow numbers are marginally better than the LT1, and IMHO, not worth it. You can get your heads ported by Lloyd Elliot, and flow 255/180 (with a 195 CC intake port) for $800. What are your plans? What cam do you have, or plan on running?
        94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

thanks for the help there craig i am really interested in these heads though as they are only gonna cost me 255 a piece canadian ya can;t gowrong with that though eh ?

Comment

The head has 170cc intake runners (same as stock LT1), 1.94" intake valves (same as stock LT1) and 1.55" exhaust valves (larger than stock). Edelbrock claims 24HP gain over stock.... probably about 1/2 of what you could get with a decent port on a stock LT1 head.

I'm not even sure about the 242cfm intake flow... those sound like the numbers for the TFS heads (with 195cc ports, 2.02"/1.60" valves).

Hard to say its a good buy, but you appear to have your mind made up that it is.
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

no its not that i had my mind made up yet, its just that it was such a good deal i wanted some guys with more knowledge on motors and performance parts to help me out, iwasn;t too sure how the stock heads were but i am most likely gonna get mine ported then
              sounds liek the way to go
              thanks again guys for helpin out a stupid canadian hhaha

Comment

Working...
              X