Put in a Spec 3+ clutch in the SS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put in a Spec 3+ clutch in the SS

Got it in, along with a new flywheel, yesterday. Getting ready to rain so I haven't taken it out driving around yet to start breaking it in. It starts grabbing higher on the peddle, but it does grab. It is supposed to take around 750 TQ so I'm fine and the Spec 3+ supposedly drives better on the street that the Spec 3 does.

Kevin Villier 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", T-Tops, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, BMR STB, chrome-moly panhard rod and LCA's, SLP SFC's, PPC LT's w/ RT hi-flo cats and hi-flo Y, TEA Stage 1.5 5.3L heads, TR224 cam, ASP pulley, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid, Holley Power-Shot filter, Mallory polished MAF ends, 4.10 gears.

Louisville, KY

SSOA F02-0186
    KY F-Bodies Unlimited

I got the Spec 2 and can't complain. Great clutch!
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

What kinda power you putting down Kev? Noticed you have TEA 1.5's and am curious if they are the new version or old 1.5's? Got mine and love em.

JasonG

Comment

Other than comparing specs it would be hard to compare them. I suspect that the older TEA Stage 1.5 and the recent TEA Stage 1.5 heads are pretty close to the same.

I still have some minor tuning to do before I put the SS on the dyno. If my son will bring back the laptop so I can do some logging.

Kevin Villier 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", T-Tops, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, BMR STB, chrome-moly panhard rod and LCA's, SLP SFC's, PPC LT's w/ RT hi-flo cats and hi-flo Y, TEA Stage 1.5 5.3L heads, TR224 cam, ASP pulley, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid, Holley Power-Shot filter, Mallory polished MAF ends, 4.10 gears.

Louisville, KY

SSOA F02-0186
        KY F-Bodies Unlimited

Comment

Working...
        X