Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Electronic toys :)

So I'm working on filling the living room with a bunch of goodies now

Yesterday I picked up a new TV. It's a Sony Trinitron XBR... 34" widescreen HDTV. 34" is as big as tube TVs go... I wanted to go with a tube because they still have the best picture quality, even though DLPs can be larger, and plasmas are "cooler", etc... It has two component video inputs, and an HDMI input so that DVDs can be converted to near HD quality (even better than progressive scan). It also has slots for a Sony memory stick for digital cameras.

Today I was looking at speakers... I'm going to have a hard time staying away from this Klipsch package I saw. Giant floor speakers and subwoofer, good size center channel and surround speakers... the floor speakers were 400 watt max power each, and it came with a 630 watt 6.1 Yamaha Digital Receiver with 4 digital audio inputs and 2 component video inputs... $1700 for the whole package ... but like I said... after hearing it... oh man it's going to be hard to stay away

The final living room will have that TV, digital cable w/ HDTV channels, XBOX, PS2, DVD player w/HDMI, and surround speakers... all video running off component wires, audio on either digital coax or digital fiber optic cables... I just need to figure out which speakers I am going to go with... these things were amazing!!!!

I'm having fun with my new toys
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

How about this to go with the new TV.
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/microsoft/index.asp
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

One of my klipshe speakers finally bit the dust in Kuwait. After 15 years of use. I bought some big JBLs to go with my 10 year old Bose.

Do the Klipshe still use the horn system? I am old school. I like to have massive main speakers with THUMP. Not all these tiny satellites and one sub.

Klipshe, JBL and Bose, all have earned my respect in that order. IT is sad that Klipshe and JBL don't make the massive speakers that they used to.

Bob

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
        The final living room will have that TV, digital cable w/ HDTV channels, XBOX, PS2, DVD player w/HDMI, and surround speakers... all video running off component wires, audio on either digital coax or digital fiber optic cables... I just need to figure out which speakers I am going to go with... these things were amazing!!!!

I'm having fun with my new toys
        I don't want to hear you got money problems 2 weeks from now, and you are getting kicked out of your apartment!

Comment

The Klipsche floor speakers were probably about 4 feet tall. Defintiely big thumpers

The surround speakers need to be a little smaller though... they mostly handle ambiant noise.

Jeff - that thing looks interesting... but about the only thing I would want it for would be its DVR capablities... but I can just get a DVR for that.
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
            I don't want to hear you got money problems 2 weeks from now, and you are getting kicked out of your apartment!

Hehehehe... I'm buying a house remember!!

Selling the Trans Am was a great move... I can do this stuff without worrying much about money. It's pretty nice

Comment

Working...
            X