Procharger on Stock LT1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Procharger on Stock LT1

Have anyone had experience with putting a 8psi procharger on the lt1 camaro. I have a 96 that i am thinking about putting one on. Is there any mods that i need to do befor putting on the supercharger. The only mods is a hypertech programmer, MSD 6a, and K&N Filtercharger, 3.73 strange rearend.

Any comments will be approciated.

Put some nice headers on it. most chargers need headers. Of course at 8 psi...

Comment

Make sure the kit your looking comes with a compatible FMU.

You will DEFINATELY need to upgrade your breathing (CAI, Headers, as mentioned and full cat back exhaust)

KnightFire
      1993 Formula Firebird
      Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

What does CIA mean

What does that mean and i have a borla exhaust system.

Comment

KnightFire must be having a rough day! CAI = Cold Air Intake Not part of your equation if you are getting an ATI...it's kind of built-in.

I did run a ATI 9# (Just earlier model...P600B compressor) with a 2 core intercooler on my '97 for a while a few years back...MAN what a kick in the pants that thing added!! I got rid of mine and replaced with a powerdyne because of the amount of noise the earlier ATI unit made...it was LOUD!

I only used what was in the kit; Inline fuel pump, FMU and a MAF-Massager to prevent the P0103? excess air-flow trouble code. I didn't have any problems but then again I didn't run it for very long...

Of course you "SHOULD" do headers, forged pistons, etc... etc... etc... I didn't / don't have the money for that.

Best of luck and enjoy if you decide to get one!

(Oh...P.S. Be SURE to remove the hypertech tuning and/or get a blower program from them otherwise you'll lean-out too much under high boost! Ok to use the gear/tire/t.stat settings, just don't install the power tuning.)

Flash - '97 Black WS/6, Intercooled Powerdyne 11# , LTCC Coil Per Cylinder Ignition, OPTI High Voltage Deleted, 160, Short Stick, BMR-STB, adjustable Shocks, PP+ w/scan, !CAGS, Flowmaster 3" cat-back... 43k miles as of Aug. 2006

**-** BOOST, it's no replacement for displacement, and there's definitely no replacement for having both!

Comment

YEESH! I just got done answering a post about N2O on another board...sorry about the confusion.

Flash 97 WS/6 is right on the money...If your willing to sink that kind of money into a mod, I would also do as suggested...upgrade the internals to withstand that kind of abuse.

KnightFire
            1993 Formula Firebird
            Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Would a Boost Control Module Help

Will a MSD BTM help out with the enternals on the Stock Motor.

Comment

Re: Would a Boost Control Module Help

Originally posted by MOMO96Z
                Will a MSD BTM help out with the enternals on the Stock Motor.
                the ring lands on the lt1's are a POS. your motor is not going to last real long with a blower at 8psi unless you are just plain lucky.

do the whole nine yards......its the bullet proof solution.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I've had my procharger for about 5 years now. It's been worth the money for sure! For the first 2 years, I had the 8lb kit w/3 core intercooler on the bone stock engine which is what the 8lb kit was made for. You should get real low 13s and be streetable with just that. But if you're like me and want better times and still be streetable, I'd have to suggest mods.

I now have an 11lb pulley and the mods I've made are exhaust (as previously mentioned), 30# injectors and 4.10 gears. My best is 12.65 with this setup and it still runs great but I think the pistons may be tired. I'd like better times so I posted a thread here that you may wish to check out asking the other experts here for advice on some internal mods now that I have the money. Good luck and drive safe!

Comment

Working...
                  X