Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ill affects of jb welding, oil dipstick tube hole?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ill affects of jb welding, oil dipstick tube hole?

what could go wrong with jb welding the dipstick hole on my friends 96 ta. headers were just put on and now he cant get the dipstick tube back in. it got bent and he ordered a new one, and still cant get it in. he even unbolted the header and still wont go in straight.
    Adam 2kSS #4959 6-speed
    PERFORMANCE: whisper lid, mac headers w/ offroad y pipe, SLP Loudmouth, LS1 hotcam, ls6 springs, Predator, ngk tr6's, spec stage 3 x-pad, steel billet flywheel, 5177, purge, bottle heater, moser 12 bolt, 4.30 gears, tb coolant bypass, FRA, !cags, !egr, !A.I.R.
    SUSPENSION : eibach pro kit, bmr boxed lca & relocation brackets
    APPERENCE : clear corners, camaro fill in on front bumper and back, black and silver SS badges

http://www.geocities.com/xxlo00oixx

It will probably go in with 2 guys working it in. One guy can work from the bottom and keep the bottom straight from kinks & burrs and the other guy will have to push down and maybe bend the top side to fit the headers. You absolutely cannot bend the bottom end and expect to get it in there.

Now, to answer your question (if I understand it correctly) you want to JB Weld the hole up? Clean it with acetone and use a thicker putty-like epoxy like PC-7 or Devcon steel putty cause JB Weld will probably run. An alternative might be to shorten the portion of the dipstick that goes in the hole and see what that buys you for ease of installation. If it was my car, I would keep trying to get the dipstick in cause, otherwise, you're going to have to drain your oil to see how much is in there.

Comment

Working...
    X