TCS Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCS Problems

Ever have this happen? My '95 TA with the TCS system (traction control) will act funny right as I'm rolling to a stop at a light or stop sign. At the last second before coming to a stop, the pedal will get mushy and I get the warning light that says Low Trac. After leaving the stop, the light goes out and the brakes feel OK again. I'm worried that my brakes may fail me or something at a critical time.

I've cleaned the sensors before when my No ABS light and TCS off lights would come on in the past. This seems related but obviously not the same. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    '95 Tran Am convertible. Custom hood, interior, polished Eagle wheels. Engine mods: K&N style filter, (coming soon): headers, 1.6 roller rockers, LT4 hotcam & springs, 3000 stall converter, PC tune. Goal: leave all cocky 'Stangs in my dust at stoplights!

That's an antilock problem. When mine did exactly that, I reseated the front wheel ABS sensor connectors, and the rear one, and that took care of it - it never came back.

Comment

Yes, its an ABS problem, not TCS. One of the sensors is losing its signal just as it rolls to a stop, and what you feel is the ABS kicking in. Mine was a problem with the spacing of the rear axle sensor on the Strange 12-bolt, but I've seen this problem reported on several boards recently by people with stock setups. One of the sensors is dislocated or losing the electrical connection. Possibly metal filings buildup on the sensor in the differential housing, but if your car has TCS, it doesn't have the sensor there.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

What they said.

You might try electrical contact cleaner on the harness connectors before you reassemble.

Comment

Working...
        X