Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SLP shorty people.... anybody else have this prob?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP shorty people.... anybody else have this prob?

I have the SLP shortys on, and the steering shaft/linkage is rubbing on the #1 tube. Motor mounts didn't help either.

I locked the wheel before I removed the shaft, now it seems like it can't align correctly. I got it back on, but I had to turn the steering wheel to get it to fit the keyway for the bolt on the bottom. So now my steering wheel is turned to the left instead of being straight. Anybody else have this problem? It is getting very annoying.
    1995 Firebird Formula
    (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

When you pulled the steering shaft, by any chance did it seperate into two parts? just an fyi, with the steering wheel in the straight ahead position, the steering coupler upper half should slide right on (with the threaded nub on the bottom) to the base of the steering column. That way the bolt threads face down and screws into the bottom half of the sterring coupler. When that is done, the bottom half should fit the keyed shaft of the steering rack when the wheels are pointed straight ahead. If the shaft seperated when you removed it, it has to go back together in the correct configuration or things won't line up.

Comment

Working...
    X