NFB: Ripped Off?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Ripped Off?

My girlfriend was having a problem with her car (i think she needed a new alternator because she was having some voltage problems and there wasn't anything else wrong) and took it into the shop, her engine light was on when it got there but apprently they couldnt find anything wrong with it adn were about to give it back when the light came back on. So they looked at it and called her back and charged ehr $625 for the job. Apparently the said the car needed a "tune-up" adn replaced the oil rotated the tires etc. and I'm not sure what else but it wasn't anything major. Do you guys think this price is absurd? I thoguht it was very high but wasn't sure. Also she needs her passengers side front quarter panel replaced and painted and they wanted 1500 to do the job, that was outrageous as well I thought. Opinions please!!! Sorry for the length but I felt like I needed to ask someone and who better than everyone here! Thanks.
    -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

What exactly did they do for the $625? What kind of car is it? $1500 does sound a little pricey for the fender and such, but I'll reserve my opinion until I know more.
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

I will say that $625 seems pretty high for basic tune-up things. Then again though, higher priced cars equals higher priced maintenance. We definitely will need to know the car and what was done.

Also, $1500 does seem a bit high. I know when I was quoted for my paint job, they basically said it costs around $250 per panel. Once again though, the car can determine the price in the end.
      black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Plus, I'm not sure about the laws in every state, but they should have called with ANYTHING they were going to touch and give a rough estimate of the cost before doing anything. If they didn't do that before doing the "tune-up", they could get in a lot of trouble.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Sorry bout that guys, its a 1996 Mazda 626 and I think I'll find out exactly what was done tomorrow at some point and ill post more I was just wondering what you guys thoguht about it. I believe they spoke with one of her parents about it but it just seemed kinda high to me, thanks for the quick responses though.
          -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Originally posted by thenuge876
            Sorry bout that guys, its a 1996 Mazda 626 and I think I'll find out exactly what was done tomorrow at some point and ill post more I was just wondering what you guys thoguht about it. I believe they spoke with one of her parents about it but it just seemed kinda high to me, thanks for the quick responses though.
            Again, depends on what was done to see if that cost was justified. As for the fender, if thats for the fender, prep, paint and install, that's a little pricey but not that bad.
            Steve
            79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
            87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
            93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
            http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Working...
            X