NFB - GM's new SS line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB - GM's new SS line

Just got my new Motor Trend - they drive all of Chevy's new SS m,odels. We have been bashing GM on here for a couple of days - these models look like maybe they are starting to listen to people like us.

Check out the rumored "Corvette SS" - it would slot in above the Z06 and would have 550-600 HP!

Also, Motor Trend says it is official - Z06 puts out 505 HP!
    Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Originally posted by casey02ws6
    Just got my new Motor Trend - they drive all of Chevy's new SS m,odels. We have been bashing GM on here for a couple of days - these models look like maybe they are starting to listen to people like us.

Check out the rumored "Corvette SS" - it would slot in above the Z06 and would have 550-600 HP!

Also, Motor Trend says it is official - Z06 puts out 505 HP!
    Hey, where's my Motor Trend at? I paid my subscription fee months ago, I want mine!!! lol
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

It's pretty cool - they test the TrailBlazer SS - 391 Hp LS2. Said it runs 0-60 in under 6 seconds - loww 14 sec 1/4 - pretty good for an SUV!
      Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Originally posted by casey02ws6
        It's pretty cool - they test the TrailBlazer SS - 391 Hp LS2. Said it runs 0-60 in under 6 seconds - loww 14 sec 1/4 - pretty good for an SUV!
        yes, the TB SS would be a fun suv to have... (spankin ricers) LOL

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
          yes, the TB SS would be a fun suv to have... (spankin ricers) LOL
          HAHAHA....I could only imagine simply working a ricer in an SUV....I would laugh my arse off the whole time.

Speaking of SS models, I could have sworn a couple years back when I went to the auto show that they had a new car that was supposed to go in to production. I believe it was simply called the chevy ss. Just curious if anyone else had heard about this.
          black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Speaking of the Trailblazer SS, I went to the New York International Auto Show in April and saw one there. Ever since I've been stalking them. I'm thinking when they come out I may trade in the wife's Exploder on one.

The one at the show had 20" wheels, but let's see if that makes it to market.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

The Impala SS and Monte Carlo SS are still craptastic, in my opinion. Putting V8s into the cars is one step in the right direction... now they need a complete overhaul of their styling and suspensions... they still look like run-of-the-mill "me too" cars and that GM was once again shooting for "good enough". Unfortunately, simply putting a V8 into a family car doesn't make it "good enough".

The Cobalt SS is fantastic, however. And although I'll never understand the desire to have a warp-speed SUV... I'm sure it will do pretty well in sales.
              Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

The Trailblazer SS is an iteration of the Silverado SS, which in my opinion, is one nasty truck. Almost bought one last year, but decided to keep searching for a Bird.

As far as wanting a warp-speed SUV, it comes down to what Ken said... being able to spank a ricer in an SUV.

Now if only GM would release a Suburban SS.
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

doesnt the new silverado SS get that supercharged LS2?

Comment

Originally posted by darkz711
                    doesnt the new silverado SS get that supercharged LS2?
                    Not sure, but I hope so. The present Silverado SS is a joke compared to the Ford Lightning and especially the Ram SRT-10. Gm needs some good contenders to throw out into the mix.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Working...
                    X