sterio dies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sterio dies

Normaly my sterio works fine, but recently in the mornings or evenings it has been acting up. When it is cool and I first start the car the sterio will come on. After about 20 seconds it just shuts off and the display goes dead. When I push the time button it will display the time for a couple of seconds then goes out again. No other buttons work. Ussually when the car heats up the sterio will work fine again, untill today. I have drove it for over an hour, and it is still dead. Any ideas were to check, or what would cause this? It is the stock casette deck wtih the 12 disc changer in the trunk.
    1997 Trans Am WS6
    6 speed transmition
    Flow Master cat back
    other than that its stock

Sounds like it's got some dead capacitors in the head unit. If you're lucky, you can find somebody to repair it rather cheap. Otherwise, time to think of changing to aftermarket, or spending big bucks and buying a new factory one.
    "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Sounds most likely like a dying head unit, but it could also be a ground problem within the cabin or even possibly a chassis ground.

Factory head units can be found very cheap on eBay or other places. I know where several are around here that work fine I will let go for very cheap if you end up needing one.

Comment

Working...
      X