Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels for Convertibles

Wheel Replicas

OK what is different about convertibles?
    ---------------------------------
    Check out this combo: $959 PER SET

17x9.5 Chrome ZR1 Style wheels for the front (qty=2)

17x11 Chrome ZR1 wheels for the rear (qty=2)

Application:

1993-2002 Camaros and Firebird/Trans AM's. Convertibles are not applicable.

I like the chrome C5 style. Anybody have 17x11 on the rear of a ragtop?

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Based on my personal experience, there is no difference in the physical wheel well dimensions between the coupe and the convertible. I have the AFS ZR1 replica setup on my coupe, so I know exactly what it took to fit them on - lots of hammering and a little grinding. I also know what my friend with a 97 30th SS convertible had to do to fit the real GM Grand Sport wheels (identical to the AFS, if you get the 56mm offset 17x9.5 and 50mm offset 17x11). He had less problems than I had.

I did a lot of work on his convertible to fit even larger drag tires, and the only physical difference we could find between his convertible and my coupe was that there was some additional sheet metal bracing behind the inner fender areas in the front part of the wheel wells. But again, on both his convertible and my coupe, we were able to cram in some ET Drag 28x10.5-15W slicks with just about the same amount of hammering.

I think originally GM put 16" wheels on the SS convertibles because of ride characteristics. I don't think it was a dimensional problem. They apparently didn't feel the convert' would respond as well to the thinner sidewalls. Ken may have more insight into this.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Thanks Fred.

Is anybody running C-5 wheels on a Formula or TA?

I would like some pics.

Bob

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Working...
      X