electrical problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electrical problem

Well i ran thru a couple of deep puddles and now my belts squek real bad but thats not the worst problem. Most of the warning lights on my gauges are going on and off.. Im talking about ASR, brake, ABS, airbags. They randomly go on and off and i notice my dash lights and headlights get dimmer everytime this happens. Even the a/c slows down and starts blowin again. This happens almost every other 2-3 seconds.. so its constant. I also noticed the battery power gauge is to the full like 18 volts unless im idling then 16.. this is not normal. Any suggestions please ?

It's probably your Harmonic Balancer / Crank Pulley. The way it's built, there is the inner part, a seal, and the outer ring. I've gone through several of those because the seal lets go of the outer ring. I couldn't tell until I ran through some water, got it wet, and the outer ring just spun. When this happened, all the accessories stopped, alternator lost charge, guages lit up like a Christmas Tree, power steering jerked, etc.
    Darrin C
    '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
    07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Working...
    X