Another window track

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another window track

Well, looks like another one busted. After I did a search, I can't believe how many people have had the same problem...and the broken area seems to look identical on all. I thought about trying to rig up something, but decided just to get a new one. I'm pretty sure it's pn 16625875 though I could be wrong?
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

It looks like you are doomed just like me. Why bother fixing it. Something else will just break tomorrow. Go buy a Toyota.

You'll fix the window, then it will be a water pump, or a alternator, or battery, or radiator..... You might as well just buy the entire car piece by piece at a parts house. GM crap.

D&R

But seriously, do a search on some of my posts from replacing my drivers door. I have tons of great pictures in there detailing removing the window and to workings of the window regulator. There is even a video on shoebox's site.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Geez, not window problems...arrghh
      Had the extended warranty on my '99 fb & lil good it did. In short, they made it worse. Biggest 'plaint was slow window motor AND non working one. Supposedly fixed, but 1 yr. later same prob.

Hope this isn't the norm

Comment

Geez, if enough stuff breaks between our cars, we'll be able to tear them down to the bear frame and build them back up in a full day lol

Just let me know when to show up
        Steve
        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

LOL Tracy, you said it. Sometimes I feel like...just drive a stinking Toyota and let this thing fall apart. But, everytime you look at the car, and feel the awesome power, you have to go back. Now just imagine if we didn't know how to work on 'em and constantly took it in to the dealer I think we would be broke lol.
          I already researched your posts, and they've been a BIG help. Drilling the rivets has, so far, been a PITA. I cut off the entire stub but the rivet material seems pretty tough...especially for not wanting to push the drill too hard.
          Here's a pic:

Amy, Steve had similar problems regarding the window motor...if your window motor went out. I believe he's gone through 3 within 3 years (well, 1 might have been a botched install). I'm just for mine to go

Steve, of course we could build an entire car out of our old parts. Hey, I still have your old injectors. I think you might wanna take them just as spare...unless you want them thrown out
          94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
            LOL Tracy, you said it. Sometimes I feel like...just drive a stinking Toyota and let this thing fall apart. But, everytime you look at the car, and feel the awesome power, you have to go back. Now just imagine if we didn't know how to work on 'em and constantly took it in to the dealer I think we would be broke lol.
            I already researched your posts, and they've been a BIG help. Drilling the rivets has, so far, been a PITA. I cut off the entire stub but the rivet material seems pretty tough...especially for not wanting to push the drill too hard.
            Here's a pic:

Amy, Steve had similar problems regarding the window motor...if your window motor went out. I believe he's gone through 3 within 3 years (well, 1 might have been a botched install). I'm just for mine to go

Steve, of course we could build an entire car out of our old parts. Hey, I still have your old injectors. I think you might wanna take them just as spare...unless you want them thrown out
            With my luck, I should probably hold on to them lol. I think I left the bag that the new ones came in, so they could always be put in there until I come over next.

As for the power window motor, I went to Kragen and got an A-1 Cardone unit. Seems to be faster than the stock unit, and a little quieter too. This last GM one wasn't sealed properly and water got into the motor internally. Gotta love GM's build quality lol

Eh, regardless, I'd still rather work on my Z than drive a gutless Toyota.
            Steve

Comment

I have the same problem. If my window is down 3/4 of the way, i can slide it back and forth in the track about 5 inches. It i roll it up without pushing the top part of the glass outward at the same time, the window moves in and attacks me! Ahhhhh!!!
              Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
              SOLD- Kinda miss it
              94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
              SOLD- Good riddance!
              2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Alright I'll save your injectors.

Look at this thread started by Alenstein. The way it broke looks absolutely identical. Even the crack on the right side of the hole.

Comment

Wow, looks like you have the exact same problem, Nightrage. It still holds temporarily, but I would suggest to get it fixed as soon as you can...

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
                    Alright I'll save your injectors.

Look at this thread started by Alenstein. The way it broke looks absolutely identical. Even the crack on the right side of the hole.
                    Ummmm, what thread? lol

And thanks
                    Steve

Comment

I'm such a moron. I could have sworn I pasted it

http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthre...t=window+track

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
                        Eh, regardless, I'd still rather work on my Z than drive a gutless Toyota.

Me too. I'm just frustrated with my Z right now. That doesnt mean I dont love it. I'll get over it.
                        Tracy
                        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                        Current Mods:
                        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Well, I finally finished the window track install. Thanks, Tracy for the great info.
                          I couldn't wait for new fasteners, so I improvised. (Dealer said they had to special order them). I was able to reuse the black bushings, and bought some stuff from Orchard, which included rubber washers. Here's my crazy configuration. Hopefully this will hold up. Thank goodness I had several towels at the bottom of the door. I dropped the window once
                          I didn't have any time to take good pictures, so I had to draw it up. Forgive me for the absolutely horrible picture...very hard to draw with a laptop touchpad!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X