97ta running rough

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97ta running rough

hey guys,need help.just changed cam,heads,t-body,fuel injectors,distributor,water pump,coil,plugs(wires 1.5 years old),pcm reprogramed by fastchip. got everything back together and car is idling eratically and breaks up under acceleration.can anyone help me out?

sounds basic, i know, but check your connections to the fuel injectors real real close... make sure contact is good...

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

double check that the plug wires are reinstalled correctly on the distributor and plugs.... may be out of order.
      Dave M
      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Put the car in a dark area and with the hood open, run the engine and observe the area around the coil and spark plug wires. If there is any blue glow or arcing present, you'll find your culprit. BTW, it is a common mistake to re-install the metal spark plug boot shields incorrectly. Make sure the tabs are not wrapping around the spark plug, That will cause a voltage leak and misfire. I am a fan of Taylor firesleeves to cover my plug wires and boots. They will resist a direct header contact.

Comment

Its very hard to get it back together perfectly on the first try when you do all of that. I'd go over it and make sure you have every sensor hooked up plugs in the right order ect. Also what heads did you use and what size cam? A bigger cam is going to have a lopey idle having it tuned especially a dyno tune can really help but it will never get it all out if its a big enough cam. You may just have plug wires crossed or something simple that was a fairly big job to do just go back over and double check everything.
          1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Working...
          X