cams? lt4 or cc305?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cams? lt4 or cc305?

i would like to know what kind of gains and sound especially i can get from these cams and which would be better, thanks~gunter

1996 Trans Am WS6 #34
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/gunter96ws6

I ended up running 12.4 in my HOT cammed 96 WS6 Formula. Stock heads and all emission crap still hooked up and functional. That was after over a year of getting the right tune.

Originally, I slowed down with the cam and stock computer. Constant misfire codes and incredibly lean. I went from 13.1 stock everything except for HPP+ and 4.10 gears to 13.2 with a cat-back and other mods. I eventually got it down to 12.7 then installed SLP dual cat headers and dropped it to 12.4.

As for sound, any cam can be made to lope. Even the stock cam. The hard part is to make a cam that's lopey sound like a stocker
    Rob
    04 GTO

Comment

Hey Rob, how's that 210/205 cam? I had a 206/206 and this time around am using an ATR 309G billet roller. Are you sold on the RJC power plate?

If you are planning on a street car, the LT4 hot cam has been producing great numbers all across the board. Personal opinion is that the cc305 will give you a little more in the upper RPMs, but it will cost you a little down low.

Comment

so whats my best bet with a street car that sees the track once a month?~gunter

1996 Trans Am WS6 #34
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/gunter96ws6

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
          Hey Rob, how's that 210/205 cam? I had a 206/206 and this time around am using an ATR 309G billet roller. Are you sold on the RJC power plate?
          The cam is not noticeable at all. Has great mid range and revs a little more than stock. I shift at 51-5200 whereas stock was no more than 5000. And its cheap compared to your roller cam. Although if I ever have to rebuild, I'll go roller.

The plate is great. As soon as you put it on, KR if you had any will be down by 2. I'm at 0.0 the whole run.

The HOT cam is a pretty good all around "small" cam. Lingenfelter makes a couple of real good ones. Some of the Xtreme cams make real good power and some will pass emissions. Personally, I don't like the Xtreme cams because the ramp up on those is real fast and have seen lots of damaged cams because the valve train has to be so much that it tears everything up.

You need to figure out what you want to do with the car: pass emissions, weekend warrior, cruiser, don't care about luxuries but power, all need to be taken in consideration.
          Rob
          04 GTO

Comment

Working...
          X