NFB: Road Trip!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Road Trip!

Going down to South Carolina with my family to visit my uncle who's down near Charleston I think, gonna be a long drive from Southeast PA, but i'll keep an eye out for any of you f-body guys I mgiht see along the way, hey anyone have any ideas as to what we could do down there while visiting?
    -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

It's been quite a while since I've been down to Charleston, but I have a couple of suggestions. There are a lot of things you can go do there. They have horse carriage rides through historic downtown Charleston, they have some kind of colonial village place called Charlestown, there's also tours at Fort Sumter, etc.

But, by far the best thing to do in my opinion, of course, is at Patriot's Point. If your at all into the military, it's great. They have at least 4 big World War II era ships their. The Yorktown aircraft carrier, a submarine, and at least two smaller naval ships (a Coast Guard boat and a destroyer, IIRC). The Yorktown also has a bunch of vintage and newer aircraft on the top deck, too. Here's their website, if you're interested:

http://www.patriotspoint.org/

Hope you have a good time, whatever you do.
    1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
    Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
    Trans: TH700R4
    Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

Thanks man that does sound like a lot of fun maybe me and my dad and uncle will take a ride out there for a day.
      -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Comment

Well we made it down to South Carolina hopefully gonna do some fishing in the next couple of days. Trip went well very little traffic, saw few f-bods going through maryland and virginia, althoguh the people there kept talknig about this crazy guy in a GTO...hmmm lol, j/k. Time for bed thoguh 12 hours is still a long ride.
        -Dan

Comment

Working...
        X