Can you cut t-tops out of a hardtop?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you cut t-tops out of a hardtop?

Just wondering if anyones done it? Found a good deal on a low milage T/A but its a hardtop and I want t-tops.
    R.I.P. 2001 Trans Am- C5's 17" and 18", way too expensive stereo, SLP LM, WS6 hood, and more to come.
    2002 GSXR 750- PC, -1, tinted windscreen

I've thought about that myself, however i came to find that it is expensive and not really worth it. I am a true fan of hardtops and like the cleaner look, so I decided not to, but Ttops are a very cool feature. I say if you didnt buy the car yet, wait until you find the exact one that you want and buy that. Good luck!
    1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Yep.... Been there done that.. Here's a link to my pictures.

http://community.webshots.com/user/ggj1028

Here's another site also.. A guy that used to be a member here took a lot of pictures and added a lot of notes. His site is www.dw-zone.com
      2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
      1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
      2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
      2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
      2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

yah only reason I though about it is I can probably get this car for a crazy cheap price and its rough but only has 89k on it. were talking $1500 or so.
        R.I.P. 2001 Trans Am- C5's 17" and 18", way too expensive stereo, SLP LM, WS6 hood, and more to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary94Formula
          Yep.... Been there done that.. Here's a link to my pictures.

http://community.webshots.com/user/ggj1028

Here's another site also.. A guy that used to be a member here took a lot of pictures and added a lot of notes. His site is www.dw-zone.com
          dw-zone didnt work for me but was it hard to do? How much did it cost?

Comment

I think the site is down. The job wasn't bad at all. The biggest pain was cutting all the spot welds. I ended up getting a conversion kit off e-bay. I think I had about $500 into it by the time I was done.
            2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
            1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
            2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
            2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
            2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

thats awesome news I guess I might now be able to pick up another one.

Comment

Originally posted by loudRED94TA
                Just wondering if anyones done it? Found a good deal on a low milage T/A but its a hardtop and I want t-tops.
                Stick with the hard top, man! Think of it as the racing model!
                Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
                  Stick with the hard top, man! Think of it as the racing model!
                  I hate hardtops and I love having t-tops.

Comment

Working...
                  X