cool video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cool video

A 1.8 jetta pulls a gt mustang with intake and exaust at top end. My buddy and I beat many a mustang in this four door family car.
    http://www.fototime.com/A98F8757C24109B/orig.wmv
    1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Not so cool, you can't see anything, am not convinced.
    1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
    "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

The first race you can't see squat because its at night, but the second race, from inside the jetta, it's pretty clear that the mustang got pulled really hard at the end.

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

What's the point of that video? The Mustang wins the drag race, the Jetta SEEMS to win the roll on, although maybe the Mustang driver lifted. Who knows and who cares? Jettas - yuk.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
          What's the point of that video? The Mustang wins the drag race, the Jetta SEEMS to win the roll on, although maybe the Mustang driver lifted. Who knows and who cares? Jettas - yuk.
          Atfer the drag race the owner of the mustang got cocky and want to go from a roll for$100. I understand it's a VW and not an f-body, I just thought it a little humorous that a mustang gt lost to a 4 door family car.

Comment

Originally posted by L98TA
            Atfer the drag race the owner of the mustang got cocky and want to go from a roll for$100. I understand it's a VW and not an f-body, I just thought it a little humorous that a mustang gt lost to a 4 door family car.
            It makes sense he lost from a roll. The stock Mustang GT's only put out around 260 horse. A slightly modded Jetta could match that and also comes in a few pounds lighter. The Jetta just has no torque in comparison, thus, losing from a launch.

If I had a gun to the head decision between the two? I'll take the bullet.

J/K - I'd take the Mustang.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

The Jetta got his clocked clean from a dead stop. The jetta pulled the Mustang by maybe 2 cars lengths at the very end of the roll on. Like Kevin said who knows when the Mustang let off.

What does it matter anyway? You can't stereotype all Mustangs from one video. Jettas for that matter too.

I was messing around with a Jetta about 2 weeks ago. From a roll of about 40mph I pulled him by maybe 2 cars lengths. From a dead stop I pulled him by probably 8 car lengths. It's a turbo. They don't get going till they get moving. Beside, the video doesn't say squat about any mods.

The point is there are fast cars of every type. It's all in how much money you put in them. You can't stereotype a make or brand of cars into slow. It would be a big mistake because at some point a Mustang is going to clean your clock. A guy at my work has a 2003 Mustang that runs in the 12s without nitrous.
              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Dark Video but still kinda funny.
                Jeff 95 Z28 has a point...I know two or three guys running in the mid 11s in their 96 Impala SS (over 2 ton four door family cars)...I can only imagine how much they have invested.
                Greg W. in West Michigan
                1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                  It makes sense he lost from a roll. The stock Mustang GT's only put out around 260 horse. A slightly modded Jetta could match that and also comes in a few pounds lighter. The Jetta just has no torque in comparison, thus, losing from a launch.

If I had a gun to the head decision between the two? I'll take the bullet.

J/K - I'd take the Mustang.
                  Actually at the dyno, the jetta had way more torque than hp, because of the turbo. We would usually get them of the line to, but the road we were on was horrible. The car was a fun sleeper, it made alot of money of off most cocky young car owners, not just mustangs.

Comment

Absolutely. All I was saying is there is a chance a modded Jetta could pull on a Mustang from a roll. Did the Mustang driver let off? Who knows... Point is, if I owned a Jetta, I wouldn't have put a $100 on a rolling start race after getting wasted in a launched 1/4 mile.
                    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                      The Jetta got his clocked clean from a dead stop. The jetta pulled the Mustang by maybe 2 cars lengths at the very end of the roll on. Like Kevin said who knows when the Mustang let off.

What does it matter anyway? You can't stereotype all Mustangs from one video. Jettas for that matter too.

I was messing around with a Jetta about 2 weeks ago. From a roll of about 40mph I pulled him by maybe 2 cars lengths. From a dead stop I pulled him by probably 8 car lengths. It's a turbo. They don't get going till they get moving. Beside, the video doesn't say squat about any mods.

The point is there are fast cars of every type. It's all in how much money you put in them. You can't stereotype a make or brand of cars into slow. It would be a big mistake because at some point a Mustang is going to clean your clock. A guy at my work has a 2003 Mustang that runs in the 12s without nitrous.
                      The video wasn't a poke at a type of car in general, I've had my clock cleaned by pleanty of mustangs. The owner of this particular one got on a local racing message board, and was talking all kinds of stuff about he'd kill the jetta no matter what the conditions, and he'd do it for $100. The video was put together so everyone else on the board could see how it went. And to poke a little fun at the owners expense.

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                        Absolutely. All I was saying is there is a chance a modded Jetta could pull on a Mustang from a roll. Did the Mustang driver let off? Who knows... Point is, if I owned a Jetta, I wouldn't have put a $100 on a rolling start race after getting wasted in a launched 1/4 mile.
                        The jetta usually got them from a standstill aswell at the dragstrip, but the road we race on is horrible. So my buddy was more than confident that he'd take it from a roll.

Comment

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

It looked to me that in the end, that Stang let off. If u think about it, that was a while that they were pulling on eachother so i would have let off too. I have kept up with those 1.8t on the freeway and on the street. Nothing to exciting. Okay video, but all that proves is how slow the mustangs are. I for one with my P.O.S. honda have stayed next to stangs. (but only from a rolling start at around 30mph with my engine reved up at around 3500 rpms, right at the sweet spot of my power curve. Ill spin to much off the line. No traction,small first gear)
                            Eddie
                            2000 M6 Trans Am
                            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by L98TA
                              The owner of this particular one got on a local racing message board, and was talking all kinds of stuff about he'd kill the jetta no matter what the conditions, and he'd do it for $100. The video was put together so everyone else on the board could see how it went. And to poke a little fun at the owners expense.
                              But ill respect this!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ wound how he feels? ha ha ha
                              Eddie
                              2000 M6 Trans Am
                              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
                              X