This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To much gas with a lot of mods why?

Well Im getting strong fumes from the exaust. It's the eye burning type. I still have the stock injectors in only because when I tryed to put any thing bigger in it wont stay running it just floods out. The motor should take more feul it has more power. well this is a list of some of the mods. luniti 383 stroker ported polished balanced and matched with an lt4 in take manley valves double springs 58mm intake with super charger and intercooler pushing 20lbs of boost. nitrous express going to the intercooler to drop temps. elenbrock headers no cat no muffler ypiped to dule outlet. Msd ign,coil,wires . maf translater -power programmer3-160 stat-air ram hood to release engine heat. 540/210 with117% grind cam engines bored 30 over. trans is 3300 stall hot point clutches with to extra add in to prevent slipping renforced trunck section hardend sprags. I also changed the pump piston to a steel one. 373 gears in rear mickey tompson street drag tires new hard pan&lower control arms also the arm that go's from the trans to the rear.also frame ties. Well that's some of the mode's. I also change the feul regulater to an ajustable one hoping to fix this proublem. I set the pressure at 41lbs still the same proublem. I had it checked on a gennis machine it check your engine and trans completely on electric componets it came out fine. Injectors and all.

lack of tune maybe?
    '99 SSM Camaro V6 M5
    Stock with an irratic idle...
    (218/218 .528/.528 112LSA 112IC)

Comment

Originally posted by BANSHEE001
      ....I still have the stock injectors in only because when I tryed to put any thing bigger in it wont stay running it just floods out. ...... 58mm intake with super charger and intercooler pushing 20lbs of boost............ bmaf translater -power programmer

.... I also change the feul regulater to an ajustable one hoping to fix this proublem. I set the pressure at 41lbs still the same proublem. I had it checked on a gennis machine it check your engine and trans completely on electric componets it came out fine. Injectors and all.
      Who do you think you're kidding with this stuff? Stock injectors with 20# of boost? Tuning it with an MAF translator and a Hypertech? Surely you don't think anyone would actually believe any of this.

Not a good start.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Even though it sounds all wrong, having no cats and an out of tune state will cause bad fumes. Especially if there is an exhaust leak.

It sounds like there are so many other potential problems I wouldn't know here to start.

Comment

540/210 with117% grind cam engines bored 30 over. trans is 3300 stall hot point clutches with to extra add in to prevent slipping renforced trunck section hardend sprags. I also changed the pump piston to a steel one.

He He He!!!! Now this is good......I hate it when those pump pistons and trunck sections break! Good thing they are reinforced! 20 lbs of boost on a stroker motor with stock injectors.....Ha Ha! Good one.

Man, I hope youre just trying to be funny on your first post, because this is probably the most ridiculous post ive seen on this forum.
          96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
          11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Thank you Fred, you beat me to it!

I really love the parts where the names of the manufacturers of the "modifications" he has are spelled wrong. WTF is elenbrock, luniti, etc ... ????

I think my favorite mod, however, is a 540/210 117% grind cam shaft. Where can I get me one of those???
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Like N20LT4Bird said, I hope this is just an attempt for him to be funny on his first post. 20 lbs on a 383 LS1, would be well in excess of 1000 HP at the crank....and on stock injectors....and he claims it is running pig rich? C'mon.

Comment

Sorry, I just have to.

1. I still have the stock injectors in only because when I tryed to put any thing bigger in it wont stay running it just floods out.

2. luniti 383 stroker

3. elenbrock headers

4. ypiped to dule outlet

5. ram hood to release engine heat (my personal favorite)

6. 540/210 with 117% grind cam

7. trans is 3300 stall

8. renforced trunck section

9. new hard pan

10. Well that's some of the mode's.

Comment

His post seems to be pushing 20 psi of hot air.
                  1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

540/210 117%=

540 degrees of duration........ keeps the intake valve open for 3 out of the 4 strokes of the crank!........thats how these guys make so much power!
                    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

For all of your spelling needs. http://www.dictonary.com/
                      95 Trans Am, K&N CAI, LT4 knock module, Flowmaster exhuast, Grant GT steering wheel, Sony head unit w/sub, Autometer Gauges

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
                        540/210 117%=

540 degrees of duration........ keeps the intake valve open for 3 out of the 4 strokes of the crank!........thats how these guys make so much power!
                        Even if he really meant to say that it was a 210° @ .050" duration cam with .540" of lift with a 117 LSA, why would anyone put such a small cam in his proposed motor??

Comment

Been away for a couple days, and came back to see this one.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....you guys crack me up as always. I think everyone here beat me to anything I would have said.

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
                          540/210 117%=

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA......he should have run my setup.....I just keep it so that all valves are always open while my injectors shoot in a nice constant stream of watered down gas.

You guys crack me up
                          black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

I feel sort of bad now, because it appears this turned into a sort of mean thread, and I started it. Not the right thing to do, I guess.

Hence, I think it needs to be locked.

If "BANSHEE001" wants to clarify his actual situation a bit, he will need to start a new thread.

Fred
                            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
                            X