Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible 5th Gen news...

http://www.cgfyb.com/vids/ScottSettlemire.mpg

Yes, from the horses mouth. I'm sure he was being very careful how he worded his statements since he must've known he was being recorded. Of course, if someone knows that posting this would cause trouble for him, please remove the link.
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

guess I will start saving my pennies ...... man I sure hope they pull through and come out with something good
    97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
    In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Comment

I am on dial up and it will take forever to download an 8 mg file. What did Scott have to say?
      2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

i got the video but got no audio can someone please post the basics of what he said?
        thanks in advance
        ~~~The Twisted One~~~

My 30th is gone but soon a new era will begin.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-S
          I am on dial up and it will take forever to download an 8 mg file. What did Scott have to say?
          He said in a couple more years they'll be unveiling high powered camaro's that look different from anything they've made before, keep the faith, the future looks bright for a new one.... That's what I got out of it.

Sounds good.
          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

He said two to three years for return of camaro hinting that they will have good power .. muscle car power
            97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
            In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Comment

I wonder if that is before or after they fire 25,000 people.
              95 Trans Am, K&N CAI, LT4 knock module, Flowmaster exhuast, Grant GT steering wheel, Sony head unit w/sub, Autometer Gauges

Comment

Well, ok I can't listen since I'm at work. But from the other message board it is summed up...GM will hopefully have another Camaro on the road in 2-3 years. That's the 2007-08 timeframe, so it's consistent with news that's been trickling out.

I think the biggest thing here is that he actually used the word "Camaro". For the longest time GM execs haven't even been able to mention the name and possible future production. It shouldn't have passed final approval yet, and thus "hopefully".

Add that to the recent Lutz blog entry and you can see where it's headed. Lutz could have used better wording IMO.
                But there is something very appealing about a rear-wheel-drive car, and it’s not lost on us. We have not at all abandoned our hopes and dreams for rear-wheel-drive passenger cars — we’ve just stopped work on one particular program. Does that mean there won’t be another and a better program to follow that one? No. Has the current trend toward nostalgia vehicles escaped us? No. Are we studying this phenomenon? Yes. That’s all there is to say about it at this time.
                Joe K.
                '11 BMW 328i
                '10 Matrix S AWD
                Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by imwlw83
                  I wonder if that is before or after they fire 25,000 people.

GM has consistantly stated that product is essential to any recovery. They're not going to sacrifice new vehicles like they did in the 90's. They do seem to have a lot of extra production capacity for their market share though.
                  Joe K.
                  '11 BMW 328i
                  '10 Matrix S AWD

Comment

Working...
                  X