Door Panel Repair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Panel Repair

Ok, i bought the new front fender and will do that myself. Here is a picture of the crack in my drivers side door. Any suggestions on how to repair this myself. From what i have read on the forum, the door is not the same material as the fender? Any help would be great, i really dont want to spend $600 to have this fixed
    95 Trans Am, K&N CAI, LT4 knock module, Flowmaster exhuast, Grant GT steering wheel, Sony head unit w/sub, Autometer Gauges

Originally posted by imwlw83
    Ok, i bought the new front fender and will do that myself. Here is a picture of the crack in my drivers side door. Any suggestions on how to repair this myself. From what i have read on the forum, the door is not the same material as the fender? Any help would be great, i really dont want to spend $600 to have this fixed
    The fender is a composite plastic. Your doors are fiberglass. It is going to have to be repaired and re-painted. If you have never worked with fiberglass before, it would probably be best to let a professional tackle the job.

Comment

nope, never did fiberglass, how hard can it be, any online tutorials?
      95 Trans Am, K&N CAI, LT4 knock module, Flowmaster exhuast, Grant GT steering wheel, Sony head unit w/sub, Autometer Gauges

Comment

I had light damage like that on my drivers door after a small accident involving my garage door. I decided to replace the door and found one for $150 shipped to my house. I paid $400 to have it painted and bolted it up myself. The door is new now.

The damage on your door is not likely on just the surface. There is structure behind that panel that is likely also damaged or cracked. Just fixing the visible damage to the surface will not get you a complete repair. For as cheap as doors are I would suggest you just get a different one. As common as white is you might even find one the same color.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Working...
        X