Wiper Blades.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiper Blades.

Just curious to see what kind of blades everyone is running. My stock ones are now chrome instead of black and the blades have sap on them (yet I don't park under trees ). So it is obvious I need to replace mine, odds are I'm going with Anco Hydroclears or Rain X blades.
    1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible.

I just installed a set of Bosch blades. I didn't realize how expensive they are.

It's a good thing my brother owed me a favor and got them for wholesale at his shop.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
      I just installed a set of Bosch blades. I didn't realize how expensive they are.

It's a good thing my brother owed me a favor and got them for wholesale at his shop.
      Anco, Bosh, Rain-X, I can get almost any wiper blade for cost.

Comment

From what I've read (yes, I've gotten that bored at work where I've read comparisons on wiper blades ), the Bosch blades are some of the highest rated for performance over time, and what sold me was no dry-rotting. Reason is, my T/A is a garage queen... Never sees the rain. I needed blades that wouldn't crack over time like the stock ones did.

I'm sure any of the three you named have the same qualities though. It's probably a toss up.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I bought bosh last fall and they didn't seem to run over my window fully like they would be up in the middle, I used 24" ones. I exchanged them for (I think there called) trufit ones I know eeew but they worked and were a bit longer then the bosh ones and totaly ran fully on my windshield.
          94 Formula Firebird, 355, heads port and polished, cc503 cam, 30# injectors, PCMforless Tune, B&M 2400 stall, K&N CAI, BBK Sorty Headers, Magnaflow Highflow Cat, Borla Catback exhaust with electronic cutout.

Comment

I didn't think that bosch made wiperblades for the pre 98 F-bodies anymore...

Anyway, there's Aranco, but don't just get the regular 24" blades, there's a special model for F-bodies. On the front of the box it says it's for Camaro and Firebird.

There's also another company blade carried at CarQuest. I don't remember the name, but I'm running them on my car and they work just fine.
            Joe K.
            '11 BMW 328i
            '10 Matrix S AWD
            Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Trico 24-9r complete blades.
              Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Anco the specialty size.
                1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
                "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

I still have the original metal part of the stock blades on my 94, repainted with some flat black, because they were faded. I got the Anco 24N refill rubbers for a few bucks... still on the first replacement set. I doubt the wipers have even been turned on in the last three years
                  Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I have tried them all...

The ones that I use now are believe it or not... PepBoys ProLines. They work great with no smearing or jumping. You just got to clean them every-so-often. Plus they cost less than the Bosch
                    No F-Body right now

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                      I still have the original metal part of the stock blades on my 94, repainted with some flat black, because they were faded. I got the Anco 24N refill rubbers for a few bucks... still on the first replacement set. I doubt the wipers have even been turned on in the last three years
                      24N's you say? Thanks I always throught they were wide blades.

Comment

All the blades work. It is the arm that makes a difference. I tossed mine because the paint came off. A couple replacement arms later my wipers still suck. I got some at the junk yard installed my wiper blades fixed the problem.

Comment

Working...
                        X